Chapter 23

Albus's point of view

Christmas morning came along and Albus was lying in his bed with his eyes closed. He assumed that Scorpius was already up since he wasn't in his bed. Then he felt his head getting hit by a pillow hard.

"Rise and shine, sleepy head," said Scorpius and joined him in the bed.

"Merry christmas to you too," Albus muttered as he sat up.

"You know, I wanted to try aguamenti on you, but I didn't want to risk you having another wet dream," Scorpius teased. Albus grabbed a pillow and sloppily hit him.

"Traidor!" he said. "Which side are you on? James's or mine?"

"The one that makes sure you get up now," said Scorpius and left the bed. "Last one out is a skrewt."

They made their way to the common room and found their gifts under the tree. Scorpius picked up a present for him, not quite sure who it's from. Albus on the other hand recognized the wrapping so he just smiled.

"I think I know what it is," he said. "Open it."

Scorpius did as he was told and there it was. He picked up a green knitted sweater that had an S on it. A Weasley sweater knitted by Albus's grandmother. Albus got one as well, but a blue one with an A on it.

"It means that you're officially a part of the family. Merry christmas, Scorpius," said Albus and kissed him.

"Merry christmas, Albus."

Dressed in their new sweaters they headed to the great hall for breakfast. The only students they found in there had taken their seats at the Gryffindor and the Hufflepuff tables. The boys took their seats at the empty Slytherin table. It didn't last long before Wilbur flew in with a letter. Albus untied it from Wilbur's leg and looked at it.

"It's from dad," he said in hesitation of opening it.

"Maybe it's important," Scorpius told him. Albus nodded and opened it.

Hey there Albus. I'm sorry that I made you upset. If I could choose I would nothing rather than spending this day with you, Lily and James. This just isn't a good time and I think you have the right to know why mum and I are getting divorced. Can we meet in Hogsmeade someday? And take Scorpius with you if you want. Hugs and kisses and a merry christmas from your dad.

Albus handed the letter to Scorpius so he could read as well. Scorpius looked at him as he finished it.

"So... what are you going to do?" he asked.

"I don't know. You know I've thought about this a lot, and the more I think the more it makes sense. I think my dad is gay."

"So is mine," said Scorpius. "Well... he's bi, he told me. He had a boyfriend once."

"Did he tell you who?"

"Nope. He never did."

"My dad told me in the summer, after I told him about us, that he was in love with a boy once. He never told me who, but whoever it was I don't think he was happily in love," said Albus. Scorpius thought for a minute.

"Maybe they fell in love with the same person? It actually makes sense! If your dad was unhappily in love, then maybe he was unhappy because the guy he was in love with was dating my father, and our dads hated each other."

"Yeah... could be possible. But who do you think it was?"

"I dunno," Scorpius mumbled. "So are you going to answer the letter?"

Albus nodded and accioed his quill and wrote a short answer on the back of the letter.

Okay then. Monday at 2pm at the Three broomsticks? //Albus

He tied the letter around Wilbur's leg before he flew away.

"You're coming right?" he asked Scorpius.

"Of course I am," sa Scorpius and laid his hand on his.