Chapter 25

Albus's point of view

Although he was still disappointed Albus was going to see his father. He was also shocked about the letter he found yesterday and he was pretty sure Scorpius felt the same. They were on their way to Hogsmeade and Albus was shivering in the cold.

"Are you cold?" Scorpius asked.

"A bit," he admitted.

"Come here." He pulled Albus into his chest to warm him up and kept his arm wrapped around his shoulder as they kept walking.

"We were right though. About my dad," said Albus.

"Yeah. Didn't expect my dad to be the one he loved though. It's a bit funny though when you think about it. You know. First them, and now us."

"I wouldn't be surprised if it went through the generations," Albus joked. "The Potters and the Malfoys. What if we break up and then we both have a son so they can fall in love and so it will go on."

"Are you trying to say something?" Albus stopped and laughed.

"I'm only joking, silly," he said and wrapped his arms around his neck and kissed him. "I'll never leave you."

As they headed to the Three broomsticks they found Harry sitting at a table. Albus was still mad at him and not comfortable with this at all. Still he wanted to know what he was going to tell him so he and Scorpius took their seats across from him.

"Hey," his dad said. "How was your christmas?"

"The best one ever," said Albus and took Scorpius's hand to show him how happy he was to be with him. There was a silence.

"Can I buy you anything? A butterbeer or something?" Harry offered.

"I'm fine thank you. Now what were you going to tell us?"

"I don't know how to begin this." He took a deep breath before continuing. "As you already know, mum and I are getting divorced. And I thought you two should be the first to know why."

"I think I know why. Let me guess," said Albus. His dad looked at him in surprise, waiting for what he had to say. "You're gay, aren't you? You never had feelings for mum. And you thought you'd tell a gay couple like us first because we can relate."

Harry fell silent. It took a few seconds before he found the words.

"You're in the right track," he said. "But that's not the exact reason why I'm telling you."

"Go on," said Albus and expected to hear anything.

"I've met someone. A man."

"Who? Wait..." Now it hit him. His dad was seeing a man and he once had a relationship with Scorpius's dad. And he was telling them both at the same time. "Don't tell me. I know who it is."

The boys looked at each other and Scorpius seemed to have figured it out as well.

"It's my dad, isn't it?" said Scorpius.

"How did you know..?"

"It doesn't matter!" Albus snapped. "How come he's not here as well? Why didn't he tell Scorpius?"

"He wanted to," Harry explained. "He just didn't know how."

Scorpius was stunned. Albus had never been this furious in his life. He refused to believe what his dad just told him.

"I'm sorry but I can't be in here anymore. Come on, Scorpius. Let's get out of here," he said and brought Scorpius outside the pub.

"Albus Severus Potter, you get back here!" Harry shouted. Albus refused to listen. He didn't want to hear a word from him again. Harry left his seat and followed them. "Albus! Why can't we talk about this?!" Albus turned to him.

"There's nothing to talk about!" he shouted back at him. "Thanks for ruining my life. Bye."

He turned his back against him and refused to ever look back. He took Scorpius's hand as they made their way back to the castle.

Scorpius's point of view

The boys didn't say a word after left Hogsmeade. Scorpius was just as disappointed as Albus was, without showing it. Mostly in his dad. Why didn't he tell him? He trusted him. He who always said that he wasn't ready to move on after the loss of his mother. Since then he promised to talk to him before he met someone new, asking if he was okay with it. And he was definitely not okay with this.

They went to the common room and sat down in the couch. Albus was staring into the fire without a word. Scorpius wanted to say something but couldn't figure out what.

"Why are they doing this to us?" said Albus. Scorpius wrapped his arm around him and let his head rest onto his shoulder. 

"Whatever happens between them, nothing will ever change the way I love you," he said and kissed the top of his head. "You know that right?" He held him for a beat.

"I have an idea," said Albus and sat up straight. "Let's run away. Let's forget about what's going on, and when the holidays are over we go. Anywhere. Somewhere they won't find us. Somewhere only we know."

"Wasn't last year's events enough?" Scorpius questioned.

"No. This is different. No Delphi in our way and no time traveling. We're just starting a new life, just you and me. So... what do you think?"

"Er... not that I wouldn't appreciate it. But are you sure it's a good idea?" Albus nodded.

"At least we can think about it. Please?" he said giving him his puppy eyes.

"We'll see," said Scorpius and took his hand.

* * * * *

New years eve came along. Albus and Scorpius were still a couple. Some feelings had just changed. Scorpius still loved Albus as much as always however Albus didn't seem to know what he felt. It was like as if he wanted to be with Scorpius but felt like something was stopping him.

At night the boys went to the astronomy tower to watch the fireworks.

"It's beautiful up here," said Albus. Scorpius hugged him from the back and rested his chin on his shoulder. 

"Can you imagine us flying out there. Escaping reality."

"Oh so now you want to run away?" Albus laughed. Scorpius pecked his cheek.

"Or we just move in up here," he said.

At twelve o'clock the fireworks filled the beautiful sight. Albus turned to his boyfriend and looked him in the eyes.

"Happy new year, Scorp," he whispered.

"Happy new year, Albus," Scorpius whispered back and leaned his head forward until their lips touched.