Chapter Forty-Seven: Emrys?

It was times like this that Arthur hated the size of the castle. Doing an extensive search of every room became a nightmare. The only bright side was that Merlyn had more chance to get the Druid boy out of Camelot - Arthur just knew Merlyn was hiding the boy he just didn't know where. He was avoiding Gaius' chambers for as long as possible.

Arriving at the next chamber Arthur knew that it would be a battle. Morgana hated getting her chambers searched - she complained every time. Taking a deep breath Arthur knocked on Morgana's door and waited. Soon enough Morgana opened the door herself.

"Arthur! To what do I owe this pleasure?" Morgana questioned.

"Don't get all excited. It's not a social call" Arthur started as he made his way into her room, a fact that Morgana both did not like and was scared of. "I'm looking for the Druid boy. I'm afraid I'm going to have to search your chambers."

"You're not searching my chambers" Morgana argued. Arthur understood it was a violation of her privacy but if she didn't fight him it would be done so quickly. He never understood why she had to always fight him tooth and nail.

"Don't take it personally. I have to search the entire castle. Only take a few minutes" Arthur assured her as he walked around the Lady and deeper into Morgana's chambers. There weren't many places she could hide a boy.

"I'm not having you mess up my things" Morgana continued. Arthur noticed an almost panicked note entering her voice. What was in her things she was so scared of him finding? Wait, that was a dangerous question to ask.

"I'm not interested in your things, I'm just looking for any evidence that the Druid boy's in the castle" Arthur replied sighing heavily.

"Perhaps the Druid boy's hiding in your chambers. They're usually such a mess, you'd never know" Morgana argued as she continued to follow Arthur around her large chambers. At the mention of Merlyn Arthur froze. He hadn't seen much of her since the Druids had shown up and it worried him a lot - if people knew she was missing they would suspect her.

"It's hardly my fault I have such a lazy idiot for a servant" Arthur retorted, Merlyn maybe be an idiot at times but truth be told she wasn't lazy; she worked hard and earned her pay.

"If you can't even find your own servant, what hope do you have of finding the boy?" Morgana taunted.

"Merlyn is Merlyn" Arthur started but he didn't want to get into an argument involving Merlyn, Morgana was already hounding him enough about Merlyn. "Look, the sooner we get started, the sooner we'll be finis-"

"How is Merlyn?" Morgana interrupted with a smirk. Morgana could see taunting him wasn't working but talking about Merlyn ... that could work. Maybe it was a little harsh to do this with Merlyn in the room but she had to get Arthur out of the room. Arthur sighed and kept his back turned to the Lady unaware of the sly look she gave the corner of her chambers where large curtains were drawn closed concealing a Druid and a servant.

"How would I know?" Arthur replied as he looked behind a set of curtains on the other side of the room clearly getting aggravated.

"You're the one who is always watching her" Morgana commented as Arthur moved to other points of the room checking the chambers out.

"I do not watch Merlyn" Arthur argued back. Uncomfortable about how true Morgana's words were. He didn't creepily watch Merlyn; he just was drawn to his servant and found her presence calmly and yet also chaotic. Merlyn truly didn't know the hold she had over the young prince.

"Yes you do. Have you told her yet?" Morgana asked. This was a genuine question she wanted to know.

"Have I told her what?" Arthur snapped turning to face Morgana, giving up on the search he knew he wasn't actually paying any attention to. Morgana was always getting under his skin; she always knew his secrets and he didn't know how.