Chapter 17: Consuming

Jeric

Free day for me, finally. No work, no practice, no training, no shoot. This would be a very nice day to be lazy and cozy with Anna but she has yoga session which, according to her, cannot be postponed. Her bestfriend Paula is in Manila until tomorrow and Anna really wants to spend some time with her. So I’m going to stay home until they’re done with yoga.

“Can I come, please? Or better yet, can you just not go?” I asked Anna as she prepare her things in her bag. I playfully pull the strap of her bag so she won’t be able to finish her packing.

“Jeric! Huwag kang makulit nga. Hindi ako matatapos eh. To answer your questions, no and no. You’ll get bored lang there. You also need to rest. So you’ll stay here. Susunod ka naman sa lunch,” Anna told me.

“What can I do to persuade you to stay? I’ll get bored here without you,” I told her and moved closer to play with her hair.

“Jeric naman eh. Get some sleep and rest. Rest day mo nga diba?” Anna said.

“Restless po ako pag wala ka,” I told her. For the record, hindi ko siya binobola. I’m telling the truth. I snaked my arms around her waist.

Anna turned to me with hawk eyes. “Jeric Allen Uy Teng, maiiwan ka dito or maiiwan ka dito?”

I pouted with puppy eyes saying please. “Maiiwan ka or maiiwan ka?” Anna repeated with more conviction.

An idea came to me. “Magyo-yoga na lang ako kasama niyo?” I proposed. Anna jus raised an eyebrow at me.

“I have Paula to be my partner later,” she answered with poker face.

“Eh di ako lang mag-isa,” I reasoned out.

“Jec, I enrolled in a special class for pregnant women. You have to have a partner,” Anna said.

“Okay,” I muttered in defeat. She really looks annoyed at me. I sighed and let go of her waist and moved backward using my arms. She continued to put her things to her bag. I kept silent and slowly got off the bed. I moved slowly and headed to the door.

“Jec,” I heard her say. I turned to her. “Come here please.” She pointed to her side. I walked slowly for effects. Haha.

“Please, just for today, not even the whole day, this morning lang nga eh. I really want to spend time with Paula. I haven’t seen her for months. She’s going back to Palawan tomorrow. You know that whenever you’re around, you’re center of my focus. With you around, I can’t catch up with my bestfriend. I really miss her, Jec.” How I can I ever say no to her when she’s like this, asking something from me. She’s like a little princess whom nobody can’t say no to.

“Fine. But after lunch you’re mine. You know that I’ll be very busy these coming weeks. I have shoots, practice and games. Baka hindi na tayo magkita, Anna.” I told her, expressing my thoughts.

She beamed and hugged me. “Yey! Thanks, Jec. I love you.”

“Nasan ang suhol ko?” I pouted. She giggled and kissed me on the lips. “Good. Can I at least bring you there?”

“That’s the next subject that I will be discussing with you. Please? Okay lang ban a pag-drive mo ko there?” she said with her cute voice.

“Are you ready? Did you eat?” I asked.

“Yes and yes,” she beamed.

Anna and I went down our building hand in hand. I drove her to the studio. When we arrived there, Paula wasn’t there yet.

“Na-traffic lang daw siya. She’ll be here in 5,” Anna said after reading the text that Paula sent her. “We got here early naman.”

“That’s a good thing for me though. More time with you. Come here nga,” I said and pulled her for a hug. “Where do you want to eat later?” I asked without breaking the hug.