Movin' Out

Stevie shifted through her things, making sure she had everything packed in the cardboard boxes. She glanced around her and Joe's apartment, tears stinging her eyes.

"Do you need any help with anything?"

"No." Stevie shook her head. She came across there demo tapes, flipping the cassette over in her hands, taking a deep breath. "Lindsey I want to join Fleetwood Mac."

His eyes widened, his heartbeat picking up. "Are you serious?"

Stevie nodded.

"Oh baby, you just made me so happy." He strode towards her, pulling her in to his embrace. He kissed her, hugging her tight. The kiss had quickly gotten heated, Stevie pulling away, shaking her head.

"Lindsey not here."

He nodded in understanding, letting her go and picking up a box. "Did you get everything you needed?"

Stevie nodded, picking up the smaller box, following Lindsey out of the apartment. He opened up the trunk of his car, placing the boxes in there.

Opening the door for Stevie, she climbed in, him following in the driver's seat.

"Lindsey I just want to thank you for letting me stay with you."

"Stevie of course, I love you. It's no burden what's so ever."

She smiled at his words, the rest of the ride driven in silence as they listened to the radio. He pulled up to his home, shutting off the car. He got out, rounding the car and opening the door for her.

He lead her inside, sinking down on the sofa and gesturing for her to join him.

  His arm wrapped around her when she sat down next to him, holding her close. "How are you doing?"

   She shrugged, playing with her rings. "Honestly?"

  Lindsey nodded.

  "I don't know. I loved Joe, more than anything, I don' love the person he turned out to be. I feel like it's partially my fault. If I hadn't cheated on him, or pushed him away after i lost the baby, thing would have turned out differently. But things happen for a reason, I'm here with you. I don't regret any of it."

  "You don't?" Lindsey questioned.

   "No. I do have one request though."

  "Anything."

   "Will you take me on a date?"

Lindsey raised an eyebrow, his mouth twisting. "You're already living with me."

    Stevie sighed. "Lindsey the only thing we've done is have sex. If we're going to be in a relationship I want to be able to connect outside of bedroom."

   Lindsey grinned at her. "You want to have a relationship with me?"

   Stevie blushed, pulling away. "Please don't make a big deal out of this."

He grinned at her, kissing her. "I'll take you on a date."

  "You will?"

  "Be ready at seven."

   (Short chapter but just something to get the story moving along)