Love's a Hard Game to Play

Stevie starred out the window, sighing in frustration as Joe still hadn't showed up.

Lindsey sat in his recliner, smirking at her. "Are you sure you don't need a ride home?"

Stevie shook her head. "My boyfriends coming to pick me up." She emphasized the word, shooting him a look.

"Well it's been almost an hour, you're sure he's coming?"

Stevie sighed in frustration, turning away from the window. She crossed her arms, looking at him reluctantly. "Fine."

Lindsey grinned, getting up from his chair and grabbing his car keys. He opened the front door, gesturing for her to go first. "After you my lady."

Stevie rolled her eyes. He guided her towards his Mercedes, Lindsey opening the door for her and shutting it. He rounded the car, getting into the drivers seat.

   He started the car, pulling out of his garage, Stevie sitting tensely.

   They sat in silence as he pulled out of his front gate, Lindsey humming and tapping his fingers against the steering wheel.

   One of his hands came out to rest on top of her knee.

   Stevie glared at his hand, plucking it off of her lap and letting it drop on the seat between them.

   Lindsey smirked, bringing both hands back to the steering wheel. "Are you going to join us?"

   "I told you I'd think about it."

  "Well what are you thinking about it?"

     Stevie sighed. "I don't know Lindsey. Joe and I came out here together, I'm not just going to abandon him."

    Lindsey shrugged. "Suit yourself, it's good money."

    "It's not about the money for me. It's about making art, making something you can put your emotions in and show it to the rest of the world."

   "You are such a girl."

    Stevie rolled her eyes, crossing her arms as she looked out the window.

They rode in silence, just watching the street signs on by.

   "I do it so I don't go crazy." Lindsey broke the silence, Stevie looking at him surprised.

   "I've got all these thoughts and ideas that just sit there in my head, one after another. They build up and up and it drives me insane. I have to get them out, and I might as well share them ya know?"

   Stevie smiled at him, quickly hiding it when he looked her way. "I like what you just said. You're a lot prettier when you're not talking out of your ass."

   Lindsey smirked at her. "You think I'm pretty?"

   Stevie rolled her eyes, not saying anything.

  They drove the rest of the way in silence, Lindsey pulling up to the curve of her apartment building.

   "Same time tomorrow?" Stevie questioned, throwing the strap of her purse of her shoulder.

   Lindsey nodded. "Same time tomorrow."

   Stevie got out of the car, walking up her entry way. She froze when she heard his car honk, turning to see him rolling his car window down.