Stars Are Crazy

Lindsey twiddled his thumbs as he waited at the bottom of the stairs. He shook his head at the audacity of this whole thing, feeling as if he were in high school all over again.

Checking himself over in the mirror, he straightened his hair out the best he could, turning his head when he heard her heels clacking against the staircase.

His mouth went dry, the black silk dress she adorned outlined with black lace, a deep v-line exposing the sides of her breasts.

"Holy shit...you look...umm." He fumbled to string a sentence together. "Holy shit."

A blush had creeped across Stevie's cheeks, grinning slyly. "Thank you."

Silence grew, Stevie rocking back and forth on her heels. "Should we get going?"

"What?" Lindsey was still stuck in a daze, looking up at her questioningly.

"Should we get going?" She repeated her question.

"Oh, yeah." He snapped himself out of it, reaching for her coat. He helped her put it on, sliding on his own and then leading her out the front door.

   "Where are we going?" Stevie questioned once they were in the car.

  "It's a surprise."

  Stevie scoffed, crossing her arms. Lindsey looked over at her amused. "What?"

   "You and your fucking surprises."

    He laughed, reaching over and squeezing her knee. The drive was filled with comfortable silence, Stevie sighing as she watched the streetlights pass them by.

   They pulled up to a pier, Stevie raising an eyebrow. "What are we doing here?"

"I have a boat."

Stevie stiffed a laugh, shaking her head. "So I got all dressed up just to go on a boat with you?"

Lindsey grinned over at her, leaning over and pressing a chaste kiss on her lips. "Come on angel."

Stevie followed him out of the car, Lindsey grabbing her hand as he lead them up the dock. The chilled air made goosebumps appear on her skin, pressing closer in to him for warmth.

Getting on the boat, Stevie glanced around, pursing her lips. "I can see this wasn't a spur of the moment decision."

She commented on the set up, lights twined around the railings, a table with a white cloth was covered with flowers and candles, two trays atop of it.

   Lindsey shrugged. "I took a little effort."

  Stevie laughed, following him to the table. He pulled her chair out, pushing it back in once she was seated and taking his spot opposite of her. Taking a set of matches out of his pocket, he lit the candles, blowing the match out.

   He glanced at her from across the table, her brown eyes glowing in the candle light.

   "What are you thinking?" He asked.

   "That this is really corny."

  Lindsey's cheeks burned red, Stevie grinning.