Life in the Fast Lane

"You're kidding me right?"

Lindsey grinned, shaking his head. "Nope."

Stevie looked around the hotel room. It was most likely the fanciest place she had ever been in, glancing up at the crystal chandelier, her eyes traveling over the dark oak furniture. She was disgruntled to see there was only one bed.

"Where's my room?"

"This is your room."

Stevie frowned. "I thought this was your room."

"It is."

Stevie shook her head. "No, absolutely not."

Lindsey rolled his eyes. "It's a pricey place honey, gotta conserve money."

It was Stevie's turn to roll her eyes. "There's only one bed."

"And your problem is...?"

"I'm not sharing a bed with you."

Lindsey shrugged. "Suit yourself. Get ready, we're going out."

  "Going where?"

"Sight seeing."

   Stevie rolled her eyes. "That's specific."

  "Get dressed pretty mama, car leaves in twenty minutes." 

   She watched him in disbelief, just standing there. He winked at her, leaving her to get ready.

..........

"It's so beautiful." Stevie starred in awe at the architect in front of them, Lindsey grinning at her.

"It's even more amazing on the inside." He offered his hand to her, Stevie giving him a look. "I don't bite."

Stevie rolled her eyes, taking his hand. He lead them in behind the other tourists, her eyes lighting up seeing the inside of the castle.

She squeezed his hand without even thinking, over looking the intricate carvings in the plaster of the walls. "This is so beautiful."

Lindsey nodded in agreement, taking in the visuals before him. They walked around for a while more, checking out paintings and the antique furniture that littered the castle.

   Lindsey was starting to get bored, letting out a heavy sigh. "Do you want to smoke?"

   "Excuse me?" Stevie looked at him startled.

       Lindsey glanced around to make sure no one was looking, flashing her the joint he had in his pocket.

  Stevie smacked him on the chest, pushing him away. "Are you insane? They'll call the police if they catch you with that in here."

    Lindsey just smirked, taking her arm as he lead her outside. Stevie reluctantly following.

    He glanced around, pulling Stevie in to a small passage way between the castle and a rose hedge he'd noticed earlier.

   Stevie glanced over her shoulder, paranoid. "Lindsey don't be stupid."

    He grinned, placing the joint between his lips. He brought the lighter up, sparking up the joint and letting the smoke pass slowly through his lips.