Keep Us Together

Stevie snuck up behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist and kissing his bare shoulder. Lindsey jumped, looking behind him and grinning. He turned around to face her, leaning back against the railing of his balcony.

"You're up early."

She pouted her lower lip, her hands resting on his waist. "I woke up all alone."

   He grinned, soothing her hair back, holding the sides of her face; he kept them there as he leaned down to kiss her forehead. "Can you pass a drug test?"

     Stevie looked at him completely baffled. "What the fuck?"

   Lindsey sighed, falling back against the railing. "It's Mick, he got arrested last night for drunk driving."

"Oh my god."

He nodded in agreement. "Apparently the idiot forgot that in America, you have to drive on the right side of the road."

"Lindsey that's horrible, is he ok?"

"He's fine, they didn't book him, but he has court in two days and there's no way he'll be able to pass a drug test."

"What happens if he doesn't pass it?"

"He'll get a bigger fine, possibly some jail time."

"Where do I come in to play in all this?"

"Well, I smoke everyday, you haven't smoked in a while. If you're not comfortable with it don't even think about it."

"No, no i want to help him. I just don't know if I'd be able to pass a drug test."

"I could go out and buy one."

Stevie sighed, crossing her arms. "How is this going to work?"

Lindsey shrugged. "I guess you could just pee in a bottle."

She rolled her eyes, turning and heading back towards the bed. "Go get the test, if it helps Mick I'll do it."

"You're an angel Stevie." He leaned over to kiss her forehead, grabbing a shirt and his car keys off the nightstand. "I'll be right back."

"Yeah yeah." She waved him off, burying her face back in her pillow.

...............

"Are you done in there?" Lindsey stood outside the bathroom door.

The door suddenly opened, him jumping back. She moved past him, handing him the plastic cup that had a lid on top of it.

Lindsey grimaced feeling the wetness dripping down the plastic, reaching for a paper towel and wiping it off. "Jesus Steph, did you actually get anything in to the cup?"

"Well I don't have a dick Lindsey, it's not as easy to aim."

He sighed, setting the test down on the counter. "How long do we wait?"

Stevie lifted the instructions, her eyes scanning over the tiny words. "About five minutes. Lindsey what if I'm not clean?"