Little Runaway

"Pack your bags."

   Stevie raised an eyebrow at Lindsey, looking up from her planner. "Excuse me?"

  "We're going to England."

  Her eyes just about bulged out of her head. "England?"

    Lindsey nodded, settling on to the couch next to her. He wrapped his arm around her shoulder and she shrugged him off. "The band got an offer to play for a huge festival. We leave in three days."

   Stevie shook her head in disbelief. "You want me to come with?"

   Lindsey nodded. "Of course I do, you're my assistant, I need assistance."

    "Lindsey I can't just go to Europe with no notice, I have bills to pay."

        "Stevie it's not like I wouldn't pay you."

   "I can't afford it."

  "Nonsense, I'll cover all expenses."

   She shook her head once more. "I can't just up and leave."

Lindsey scooted closer, moving her hair behind her shoulder and she froze. He leaned in, rubbing his nose against her skin. "It would be thrilling wouldn't it? Being alone in a foreign country, a beautiful hotel room, all to ourselves..."

   He planted a kiss on the crook of her neck, Stevie sighing.

  She quickly shook herself out of it, pushing him away. "Stop that. Nothing is going to happen between us Lindsey."

   "You mean nothing more than what's already happened?"

   Stevie felt a heat creeping along her cheeks, ignoring his smug look.

"Have you thought anymore about joining the band."

Stevie shook her head. "I'm not doing it."

"Why not?"

"Because I share my music with Joe, he's the most important to me and I won't just abandon him."

Lindsey leaned closer, their noses almost touching, Stevie sat frozen. "Is he really that important to you Stevie?"

She swallowed the lump in her throat, nodding hesitantly.

Lindsey grasped her chin between his fingers, guiding her face towards his.

Their lips were just about to touch when Stevie snapped out of it, pulling away. "Stop it."

"So I'll have the limo get you, oh let's say...nine-thirty Thursday morning?"

Stevie shook her head in disbelief. "I'm not going Lindsey."

"You're my personal assistant Stevie."

"And lately you've been getting a little too personal." She hissed at him.

   Lindsey just smirked at her. "You never said stop."

   She felt all the blood rush to her cheeks, feeling warm. "Why do you need me to go?"