54: long car rides & relief

[a/n] -this fanfic is honestly nearly finished... i know i said it'll be over some time in december, but with the way i keep updating this every hour, it's gonna be over sooner rather than later. but if i finish it soon - like today maybe - i'll bring out my new fanfic tutoring mr. popular out earlier :)

-

third person pov

it's sometime in the early hours of the morning as the guys continue their journey to the airport; an airport as far away from police as possible. they keep the radio on so they know where about's police are, and just so they can stay up to date with everything.

as vik's driving, ashlee and simon are happily sat in the back, cuddled up to one another. simon gently combs his fingers through ashlee's hair as she begins to drift off to sleep. after all, it's been one long, hectic day.

"how much further, vik?" simon quietly asks, not wanting to disturb ashlee. "i don't know. maybe an hour or so." vik sighs. "okay." simon nods.

"hey, vik, you look tired man. want me to drive?" simon offers as he notices his friend looking very tired. "i'll be fine." vik yawns. "no. pull over. i'm driving." simon says as he sits up. "fine." vik sighs as he pulls over.

vik and simon quickly climb out the car and change seats; simon sitting in the drivers seat and vik in the front passengers seat. simon then quickly begins driving whilst vik happily drifts off to sleep - after all, he's been driving for hours.

"the police are still yet to find the sidemen as we speak, but they're not giving up hope just yet."

the radio crackles out.

"they said they're gonna continue looking until 6:00 am, which is only an hour away as we speak. they then said they'll continue the hunt for them at roughly 6:30 am once they've thought of a better plan."

the woman on the radio informs everyone, making simon sigh with relief.

all simon, and the other guys have to do is keep driving undetected for an hour and then they'll be safe for a least half an hour before the police continue their search for them. sounds easy enough... right?