39: understanding

midnight: ashlee's pov

simon: you still awake?

ashlee: yeah why?

simon is typing...

simon: you free to meet up then? :)

ashlee is typing...

ashlee: it's midnight. why do you wanna meet up?

simon is typing...

simon: i can come to you if that's easier :)

ashlee is typing...

ashlee: sure, if it's urgent or important.

ashlee is typing...

ashlee: there's a spare key under my door mat outside. use that to let yourself in and just come straight to my room. i'm too warm and snug to get out of bed. :)

simon is typing...

simon: okay baby :)

a few seconds later, i hear my door unlocking then opening, followed by the sound of someone walking in and closing the door behind them.

"lock the door please!" i yell out. "okay!" the familiar voice of simon replying make me smile. i then hear the door locking before hearing a key being placed on the shelf near the door. i then hear simon making his way towards my bedroom.

i watch as my bedroom door opens and in comes simon, carrying a bag. "can i help you?" i ask as i sit up in bed. "yes you can." he replies as he places the bag on the floor near my wardrobe (closet) before sitting on the edge of my bed near me. "what's wrong?" i ask in a hushed tone. "we need to talk." he sighs. "about what?" i ask. he sighs again before answering. "about me." he responds. "okay?" i say, confused.

i watch as he turns himself around so he's facing me properly. he sits cross-legged on my bed as he gently takes a hold of my hands. "i told you i wouldn't keep anymore secrets, didn't i?" he asks. i simply nod. "well, i'm afraid that there's gonna be a few things that i can't tell you yet." he says. "why?" i ask. "because it's too dangerous to tell you. but once everything has simmered down a bit, i promise you i will tell you everything." he explains. "so you will tell me, just not yet?" i ask. he nods, "that's correct."

"well, i mean, i understand, but i don't see why you couldn't have just waited until tomorrow to tell me." i mutter out. he smiles at me, "i missed you." he admits. "bless." i quietly chuckle at him.

"so, what's with the bag?" i ask, changing the subject. "well, i mean, it's very late, and i'm very tired, so-" "so you wanna stay the night?" i ask with a smirk, cutting him off. "maybe." he smiles at me. i shake my head and sigh with a smile, "fine."