38: "i refuse to leave her. i love her."

time skip: tobi's apartment: simon's pov

i arrive back at tobi's apartment where some of us are having to stay for a while until everything simmers down a bit. i sigh as i walk in without knocking - like tobi said we could - and immediately flop down on the sofa next to vik.

"what's wrong simon?" vik asks as his attention draws away from the t.v. and onto me. "nothing." i huff out. "well there's obviously something wrong." vik points out. i sigh again. "is is something to do with ashlee?" vik asks. "i guess." i shrug. "talk to me then. what's going on?" vik says as he turns his whole body to face me properly. i watch as he sits cross-legged on the sofa with a pillow on his lap. i sigh before explaining the situation;

"it's complicated, kind of. like, for the first time in my life i've found someone, you know, like for the first time ever i've fallen in love with someone and it's great, but at the same time... it isn't. like, because of what we do, i can't tell her most things which is killing me more so now than before because i've promised her that i won't keep anymore secrets, which means she's gonna more than likely try and pry out of me what's happening. now, i don't know what to do." i explain the situation just as josh and tobi walk in...

"leave her then if you don't want her knowing." josh simply says as he sits opposite me and vik. "i refuse to leave her. i love her." i say. "well, she's not allowed to know what's going on yet simon." josh sighs. "i know." i nod. "why don't you explain to her that you'll tell her when everything has simmered down?" tobi suggests. "i'll try. she is a stubborn person, tobi." i nod. "i'm sure she'll understand simon." tobi says. "yeah." i sigh.