Chapter 29 - Recovery

Chapter 29 – Recovery

"Enprix, are you alright?" said voice from my left.

I saw Amryx, Senyxe, Luxian, Dihex and Genesis gathered around me.

"What happened?" I asked, wanting to know what happened after I passed out.

"You fainted after you beat up the guys who were searching for Senyxe. To our classmates, you're a hero." Said Amryx

"What happened to the guy with the –"

"You should rest first." Genesis cut me short. I was startled, of course.

"Give him time to rest, he hasn't completely recovered. So many things are going through him, I think let's leave him for a while so he could make up his mind." He continued

The girls looked at each other and nodded. They both went out the white curtains and probably went outside because I heard the door slide open and close.

Genesis and I were the only ones left here. I wonder what he wants.

"What did ju-"

"You are a Controller." He cut me short again. But I was more confused because of the word "Controller"

"Controller?" I ask, perturbed.

"You can control existences. You can make things disappear and appear. You can change the lives of people around you. You may either make them receive the best things in life or kill them, in exchange of your existence."

None of those words were absorbed by my brain. They couldn't accept such nonsense.

I laughed.

"Stop kidding around, what did actually happen?" I was still laughing a bit.

"You saw how you erased the guy beside you, right?"

I remembered that. But I never accepted it. I thought I was dreaming.

"You also remember getting shot three times at the back and in the head, don't you?"

"Also, you remember that I was hit by the bullet on the shoulder and but no bullet reached Amryx. All of those happened but none of us remembers it. At least, not them. I do remember because I'm not affected by your manipulation. But you erased the entire event, not to mention the wounds and blood that you scattered while you were down."

I was shocked at how detailed he recounted what I thought wasn't real. But still, the fact that something so unreal like that happened, is imaginary and scary.

I didn't know what to do.

I looked at my shoulder. There wasn't any shoulder guard neither bangs nor golden heavy metal claws.

So that wasn't real

I looked at the guy in front of me. He looks hostile. I don't know the most appropriate action for what's happening. I just waited.

He grabbed something invisible at his back. Dust particles gathered at his hand and it formed a handle. Then he pointed it towards me.

The dust particles were still attaching to something invisible and making it into something that I still can't comprehend.

"Don't ever use that power to erase innocent people. Do that, and I'll kill you myself."

The dust gathered faster. And then, the sword was finished and the point of it almost reached my face. I was shocked. He looked serious and the sword came out of nowhere. I was amazed and at the same time, afraid. I didn't know what was happening but it looked complicated. And the scariest part is I'm, somewhat, a part of it.

I had to think rationally. Is any of this, for real?

Secretly, I pinched myself. I didn't wake up. I might still be dreaming. But everything looks so real.

The sword was still pointed a few inches away from my face. If his grip slips, I don't think I'll survive. The sword looks real and dangerous. The edge looks really sharp, to the extent that it might be able to slice hair to half even if no force was applied directly.

The sword has these distinct round things around it and a rather machine looking hilt. It looks scary.

He withdrew the sword and set it again on his back. Then he walked away. His footsteps rang inside the infirmary. I wonder what the nurses were doing, not being able to notice something like that.

Maybe because it was really invisible?

I don't know. I don't want to believe in any of the nonsense that he just said. But the fact that all the facts are right in front of me, I still can't overcome the fear that I'm a part of something bad or something that can do bad things. I don't want that to happen. I'm a hero, remember?

I stood up and went outside. The nurse just looked at me. I saw the girls. They were leaning on the rails guarding the corridor. I don't see Genesis; he may have left.

Why does he have that sword? What are his intentions? Who is he?

So many questions in mind, but none of the answers that I came up with seem to fit the situation.

"Hey. Are you okay? You've been beaten up and things. You should go rest first. I don't think things happening this fast is good for you." Said Amryx.

"My bag's at the room right?" I asked.

"No, we got it and left it inside the clinic."

I went inside and got the bag from on top of the counter inside.

The nurse caught my attention and I stopped for a moment. She handed me a bottle of pills. They were painkillers.

I shook the bottle, looked at her and went outside. The girls weren't there and there wasn't anyone on the corridors. The sky was orange again. The sad atmosphere of the whole scene seems to affect me too much. There weren't any more students left inside the school premises aside from the clubs who stay for 2 more hours for their practices.

I went to the parking lot and got to my bike. Without any actual destination, I rode.