Chapter 26 -Encounter Mode: Delinquents; Genesis' View

Chapter 26 –Encounter Mode: Delinquents; Genesis' View

I've almost reached the top floor. Students were running and screaming everywhere, trying to protect themselves from the danger that's close by. I saw Senyxe and Amryx right beside the door. I can see that they're scared. They're rooted to their spots.

I jumped the remaining steps of the stairs. The two girls were beside the stairs. They were looking at a disaster.

There was a guy lying down on the ground. His polo was covered in blood and there were holes where the bullets went through. And another guy was holding a Colt .45 Automatic Pistol and is pointing it at the bloody guy.

Miraculously, his head moved. He looked at the guy holding a gun. His hair reminds me of someone I know.

The guy holding the pistol nervously ran. His hands were shaky and that made the gun more dangerous.

Suddenly, the guy lying down grabbed the foot of the criminal. With all the shock of the world, he pointed the gun at the guy's face and shot him. The helpless guy's head cocked back from the firepower.

The assassin wasn't able to take hold of the situation. He pointed the gun at us. We are in trouble.

"Calm down. We are not your enemy." I said, trying to calm the person down.

"S-shut up!" Then he pointed his gun at me.

I can't erase the gun. It's still in the consciousness of the people around me. They'd notice it's disappearance if I do that. A trace existence will be left on their minds. That will make everything wrong. I have to act fast too.

I stepped in front of the girls. I have to protect them from danger. I'll be their shield. From a student, I've become the guardian of Amryx. This is all too complicated.

If he fires the weapon, my mind isn't fast enough to grab the information and erase the bullet in time even if I use the bio-enhancer. Everything has its limits but that just made the situation good.

"No smart moves, okay!" he cried

I figure that he isn't ready for this. He hasn't done this before. And that just made the whole situation worse. He may accidentally pull the trigger and shoot one of us. And I don't think that I can erase the bullet in time.

I looked at the classroom. The people inside are hiding under the chairs and their number has significantly decreased.

One wrong move and one of them may drop dead on the spot. If things got worse, more people might get hurt. This is a life and death situation for these people and me. I can also die if I don't watch myself. I can't cure a wound. I can only make bullets disappear but the speed of the bullet is too fast for me. The time it takes for me to process the information isn't fast enough for me to react quickly to such an incident.

A blood-curdling scream filled the air.

I blinked.

It seemed a lifetime. When I opened my eyes, I felt a certain feeling on my right shoulder. It was hot. I touched it. It was wet but the feeling was thick and it was rolling down my arms. I was shot but it wasn't serious. There wasn't any deep wound on my shoulder.

That's when it hit me. Amryx was behind me. I looked over my shoulder. She was in shock but no wounds. She was looking blankly at something in front of me. I looked too.

The guy had his gun pointed at us, shaking, hinting that he wasn't ready for this. Behind him, Enprix was standing, looking at us. His eyes turned to blue from the original brown. The tone of his eyes were fierce, his whole face looked odious. Then his gaze switched to the guy in front of him.

He laid his hand on top of his shoulder.

It slowly turned into dust and is carried away by the wind. He was being erased. Then Enprix's stare went to us again then his eyelids closed and he fell down, like a tree falling down after being cut. The guy can't shout, he was too afraid at first, but then he got hold of the situation. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a mouth anymore. Half of his face was already erased and it was still speeding up.

In seconds, the guy was erased. The gun, which was held by the delinquent, fell down but turned to dust too before hitting the ground.

After a few more seconds, Amryx and Senyxe ran to Enprix's side to attend to him.

"What happened?" said Amryx.

I was still deep in thought. I didn't notice Amryx.

He used his ability to control existences.

He shouldn't exist. He's a Controller.

I checked my surroundings. Everyone was surprisingly calm but they were already gathering up beside the delinquents who were terrorizing them awhile ago. The boys started to carry the knocked out boys downstairs towards the clinic. They're going to treat them.

Speaking of treatment, I have to have my bullet scrap fixed. I touched my shoulder.

To my surprise, there wasn't any wound. No blood, no wound. My polo wasn't torn off on that part.

I had to know what's going on.

"Amryx, did you notice that there was a guy with a gun earlier?" I asked, anxiety was building up in me.

"What? A gun? Where?" She stood up startled.

He erased the guy. But he didn't just erase him. He erased the whole event. It was like as if nothing happened. This kind of manipulation needs a large amount of existence. I wish he won't drain his existence completely.