Chapter 16 - Amryx

Chapter 16 – Amryx

I'm covered in total darkness. Everywhere I look, there is nothingness. I can move my body but it is trapped in its space. I can move my feet but cannot touch any footing. I can reach with my hands but there's nothing to hold. I'm trapped in this lonely space, all by myself.

"Sleep, my child, sleep." A big booming voice fills the air.

I open my mouth to reply but no words come out.

"Do not worry. Just sleep. For sleep is eternal." It paused for a little while but spoke again.

"No worry can be felt when sleeping. No harm felt. No responsibility. No change. Nothing."

I try to move my body on the space that I'm floating at. It's no use. There's nowhere to go to. Just darkness.

"Sleep, my child, sleep." The voice faded on the last three syllables but it was carried through the darkness.

I closed my eyes. There was no change. Everything was still dark. I felt nostalgia and depression. The hollow feeling when the people you are always with doesn't exist anymore or when you have no one in your life to care for you. Everything was heartrending. I felt distress.

Tears welled up in my eyes. There's no laughing voices or cheerful giggles. No sudden screams nor sweet whispers. There was nothing.

I opened my eyes. I saw the ceiling. The place was still dark but some light struck the ceiling, enough for me to see it clearly.

Was that a dream? I hope it was. The feeling is still in my chest and I can't let it out yet. It was a heavy feeling, like there was an invisible force pushing my chest inwards. I can also feel the tears at the corners of my eyes. Obviously, my body was actually feeling the dream. I don't want any of that emptiness.

I look at my surroundings. I try to make sure I'm not dreaming anymore. I was asleep on a futon (A bed that consists only of the mattress, therefore touching the floor directly). Dihex and Luxian might have moved my here.

I move my head to the left. I saw my cell phone. I grabbed it and lifted the cover up. The time was 3am. I woke up too early. The feeling of sleepiness already escaped me. It'll come back soon, I know that thing about me.

I move my head to the right. Only then did I realize that the mattress was for two people. And I had someone to share the bed with. I looked at my company. The environment was dark and I had a hard time looking the figure.

My eyes adjusted and I can see the thing. It was a she. She had long hair. She's facing the other way and I can't see who she is. But the fact that I had someone else in the same bed and that person was a girl was scary.

I panicked. I rose up and moved the bed a little. I went to the wall and sat there looking at the figure. I saw that I was wrong. There were three on the same bed. Both of the girls were with me. And none of the boys are in the same room.

I was breathing heavily. I looked at everything. We were at a room. Apparently, it was kinda empty aside from the cabinet at the side. This room may either be one of the rooms that I pointed out earlier.

I had to calm myself down. I tried to think of scenarios that may fit our situation right now.

"Hhhhmmmmm…."

One of the girls moaned. This isn't good.

There was a sudden movement and the girl that I was facing awhile ago turned to my position. It was Amryx. Her hand went unto the space that I previously slept. Then her hand tried to find my body.

Suddenly, the hand stopped. I looked at her beautiful face.

Her eyes opened. I was shocked. She looked at me. She rose up carefully; trying to not wake up the other person which I think was Senyxe. She wiped her clear, brown eyes and looked at me.

"Why aren't you asleep?" She whispered.

"I just woke up. Why are we sleeping on the same bed?" I asked, panicking

"We were assigned to sleep here. And you are put here also to keep guard. I agreed because you look trustworthy."

"You are not pregnant, are you?" I was still whispering.

"I am… I'm sorry." her words faded on the last syllable.

My eyes bulged.

What have I done? I touched the Goddess? ME? A lowlife?

I gulped.

"I'm so sorry." I breathed my words and was totally shocked of what I have done.

She was looking down. Her head was shaking. She might be crying because of what happened. I stood up and kneeled near her. I bowed to the ground in grief.

"Please forgive me. I didn't know what was into me. I didn't know I had no control. Please. I'll take care of our baby. I'll-"

I stopped.

There was a sound that was out of place in the current situation. I was hearing a giggle.

I looked up at her. Her radiant face was turning red. She was covering her mouth and her eyes were closed. She's laughing, hard.

I didn't know what was happening. Is she possessed or something?

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yes." She barely spoke, her words covered with giggles.

"It was just a joke."

I sighed then took hold of the situation and laughed along with her.

Frankly, I thought she was hard to approach. But now, I realized that she's friendly and her atmosphere is very different.

I think I made another friend right now. I'm happy, at least I can speak to her in school, I think.