Chapter 27 - Saviour?

Chapter 27 – Saviour?

It was the same darkness. The nothingness that I fear. The nothingness that I despise. The nothingness that I'm smeared in.

From the darkness, I must come.

I'm dead. I just got shot three times. And I probably got shot in the head. My skull shattered on the floor, a blood pool underneath me. Such a gruesome way to die. Did I deserve to get treated like that? What did I do? Is it because I'm a hero?

Did I become a hero?

Heroes die, don't they?

I just died. So am I a hero?

I must be. But did I really save anybody? Or did I just make everything else worse?

*Tap, Tap, Tap*

There were footsteps right beside my head.

Was I supposed to hear footsteps?

I focused on the sounds. I hear footsteps. I hear voices. But the one thing that bothered me most is…

I heard a heartbeat.

Did I just hear my heartbeat?

Maybe I wasn't dead yet.

I tried to move anything on my body. I tried my fingers. They moved.

I opened my eyes. There was pool of blood below my head. But I'm still alive.

Wasn't I just shot in the head?

I moved my arms and used it to raise myself as I stand up.

As I lift my head off the ground, blood drained by my hair dripped unto the ground.

I stood up. Students were running around but there was something wrong with them.

They were running extremely slow. I can spot them lifting off the ground as they run. Maybe because of adrenaline? I don't know. But if it is, cool.

I tried to find a hole on my head.

There wasn't any. I looked at the ground. The jackets of the bullets were there. And four shots were fired. I wonder where the other one went.

I looked behind me.

There was Amryx, Genesis and Senyxe.

There were staring at a guy right beside me. This was the guy that shot me awhile ago. And he was pointing the gun against my friends. Most especially, he was pointing his gun at Amryx, even if it's not directly pointed at her. Genesis was standing in the way.

I looked at the gun. The sear cocked back slowly. Everything was still slow. I can see the blast of air seeping from the barrel and the hammer.

The bullet was slow. But it was going to my friends.

What's happening? Am I going to see my friends die right before my eyes?

I can see the bullet spinning through the air. If I try to catch it, I'm sure my hands would either receive a hole or have its skin torn off.

Though it's slow, the bullet's coming right at them. They are gonna die. They will die.

I looked at the bullet. It shouldn't be there. I mustn't kill them.

The bullet pierced through Genesis' shoulder. He didn't flinch yet but I'm sure he'll feel it later.

But…

The bullet pierced through his shoulder and now it's coming for Amryx. This isn't good.

My heartbeat raced. The bullet was even slower this time. I was breathing heavily. This can't be happening.

It was already close to Amryx's face.

No! No! NO!

I shouted in my mind.

This can't happen.

I wanted to…

…erase whatever's happening here.

Unconsciously, I looked at the bullet. It miraculously disappeared in mid-air. I raised my hand and looked at it. I looked at the guy beside me. I touched his shoulder.

All of a sudden, his shoulder turned into dust, slowly blown away by the wind.

My heart was racing too fast now. Everything that's happening right now is too much for me to handle. My brain can't handle this much. It's too stressful. I don't know what's happening. I don't have the slightest idea.

The guy beside me is already disappearing. Genesis has gunshot wound on his shoulder. Amryx almost died. I'm supposed to be dead but I'm still standing here. Maybe, I'm just a ghost or something.

My eyelids got heavy all of a sudden. My heart rate was already normal, or so I think. My knees gave up my weight and I fell on them. Then my body smacked into the ground.

Now, I'm actually dead, I guess. But why do I still have this voice speaking in my head? Why can I still think? Shouldn't I be resting already? Shouldn't I be free of all my responsibilities here on this Planet? I'm already dead, aren't I?

Again, the same darkness.

The same nothingness.

The same sadness.

The same nostalgia.

The same anguish.

The same pain.

The same regrets.

I'm not actually enjoying any of these.

I thought of the people awhile ago.

Did I really make that bullet disappear? Why did the person that I touch turn to dust? Did I actually save them? Was I able to become the hero that I wanted right from the start?

So many questions in mind. Yet, none of those questions were answered. If I seek those answers, I need to go back into life. I need to see them again. That is, if I want to.

My father's dead. My mother's gone. There's no one to go back to, but them.

They are the ones who are keeping me alive. They are the reason for me to stay alive. Amryx is my top most priority. I must protect her. She's my reason to live, my Raison D'être.

I want to go back to life. But am I able to?

I don't want any of this darkness. I want to be in the light. I want to be alive.

I opened my eyes.

Shards of light punctured my eye. I can't see much but I'm glad I can see.

But there's too much light. Am I going to heaven?

I don't wanna die yet!

It's not my time. I have so many things I want to do in life. This can't be my "Game Over".

"Enprix." Said a mysterious voice that kind of echoed.

I was shocked. Is God talking to me?