Chapter 28 - Who are you?

Chapter 28 – Who are you?

The blinding light was gone. Everything became dark but a figure was in front of me, a little further away. It was also looking at me. I walked towards it to get a closer look.

The figure started walking too. It had a long thing on its left hand and something wide on its right.

As the figure became clearer as I got closer, it had wings. There was a wing on its right shoulder blade that was as white as the clouds, something like an angel's. On its left side was another wing but it was jet black.

He was wearing a thick navy blue cotton shirt with a navy blue shoulder guard on his left. His hair was blond. It was long too but some of his hair was raised and he had bangs.

He had black slacks and army boots. There was a black leather belt around his waist but it was diagonal and there was a piece of leather at the back, from his waist to the back of his knee.

I was still walking closer and he walked closer too.

I saw that his left arm was covered with a long piece of cloth that came from his shoulder guard. His hand was only part of his arm that was revealed.

His skin was a little pale and he looks good but his bangs are covering most of his features.

We were getting closer. His has a pair of earrings.

And he looked familiar…

We were already standing in front of each other.

And he really looks like someone I know. Someone I always see.

Then it struck me.

He looks like me.

There were only a few differences. His eyes were gold. But his face features were all the same.

I raised my left hand.

His sword flashed and disappeared in mid-air and he raised his hand also, opposite to mine.

And I reached out to him. I want to know if he's real.

As I reached out, something stopped me.

I looked at the thing that stopped me.

Only then I realized, that the figure was copying me every move.

It's a mirror.

The thought came up and light flashed in front of me.

I closed my eyes and used my arm as a cover from the light.

The flash was gone. The figure was gone too.

I looked at myself. I had swords on both hands. I had bangs that covered part of my vision. My left shoulder had an added weight because of the shoulder guard.

I let go of the wide and heavy sword. A weird light covers it and flashes a little and the sword is gone.

I raise my hand at chest level, palm facing me, and look at my hand in disbelief.

What is this?

I let go of the other sword. It, too, vanishes after flashing in mid-air. But my left hand gets covered in a dark mist.

I try to shake away the mist but to no avail. The mist still covers my hand.

I can't see my hand because of the mist. It's too thick to see anything inside.

Suddenly, the mist takes a mysterious form, somewhat, it look like claws.

I try to move my fingers. They were there but I can feel something around each finger.

The mist suddenly gets blown away by the wind and my hand was revealed.

My hand was still intact. It wasn't eaten by the mist or anything. But there were claws, golden heavy metal claws. They were located at the back of each of my finger, opposite the side of the palm. It was worn tightly on each of my finger.

I tried opening and closing them. They were a perfect match.

I opened my hands in front of me and visualized the katana awhile ago. I blindly grabbed the air and took hold of something invisible. A strange glow lit up on my hand and it revealed the sword.

I looked at how long the sword is. I bet this thing is longer than me. Then I noticed something at my back. It was jet black.

It was the wing that I saw awhile ago. Then I peaked over my right shoulder and the white feathered wing was there.

I totally became the guy awhile ago.

"Enprix…"

A voice resounded through the empty space. I was startled.

I looked the direction from which the voice came from; it came from my front so I looked there.

I blinked.

In that instant, I was looking at myself. The same guy awhile ago.

Then the glass shattered towards me.

I protected myself by raising my arms. I put them down after.

My figure was gone, but was changed by the figure of someone who looked like a girl.

Amryx.

It was Amryx. I walked towards her.

The moment my foot landed on the ground, she started fading.

I wasn't ready for that. I suddenly had the urge to go after her. I remember what had just happened. I don't want that to happen to her. So I ran.

I ran towards her. I just kept running.

Her eyes were looking at me with her cute eye smile. And she waved to me, as if saying goodbye. I felt that there was this certain amount of sadness in her face. She looked like as if she was going to cry even if she was smiling that cutely.

My heart began to race.

I breathed heavily.

My chest was heavy.

My heart felt like as if someone was trying to crush it.

The atmosphere drastically changed. Everything felt sad. She was already fading.

All of a sudden, she just faded instantly into the wind, leaving me behind, all alone.

I fell on my knees. Then stooped down like a dog, with my arms as support for my body.

Her face was on the thing that I was on. I was like water but I'm not sinking.

I looked at her face on the water. She was smiling. Then tears welled up in my eyes all of a sudden.

A droplet fell on the water and the ripple erased her brilliant face.

"Enprix…"

Suddenly, there was a flash of light. Light that's too bright to see.

"Enprix, thank goodness, you're alive" said a voice beside me.

My vision arranged itself and adjusted to the amount of light and the surroundings.

Everything cleared out itself. I realized I was back at the infirmary.