Chapter 23 - By the Forfeit of Blood

Chapter 23 – By the Forfeit of Blood

I ran hurriedly to Enprix's side.

Luckily, I was able to stop his face from hitting the ground by grabbing his hair. I heard a gasp from somewhere in front of me. Amryx saw what happened.

I lifted him with one hand. Then I grabbed his body and put it over my right shoulder. He'd be heavy if I wasn't using any bio-enhancer. Dihex and Luxian caught up with us. They were helping Senyxe reach the clinic. What a coincidence.

I reached the clinic and greeted the nurse, with ease. I carried Enprix and laid him down on a bed. A nurse attended to him and treated some of his grazes.

"Where did he fall?" said the nurse, making a guess of what has happened by the grazes.

"He didn't fall, he was beaten up." I said.

"Really? He doesn't have any bruises. How could be beaten up?"

Then I walked to Enprix's side. She's right, there weren't any bruises. I looked at Senyxe, who's resting on a chair, and raised an eyebrow to her.

She stood up and looked at Enprix. She touched his face. I don't see what help can she do by touching his face but I don't give a damn.

"You're right." She mumbled. "But, really, he was! I was even there. He saved me from the bad guys."

There weren't any bruises. Not one on any part of his body that's visible.

"He fell down and was kicked around. He even covered his face with his arm." Said Senyxe

I sighed. I went outside the room. I needed some fresh air. Some students were looking at me and the clinic as they pass by. I ignore them. I just give time for myself to breath. The door opened and Amryx came out along with Senyxe.

"Where are you going?"

"We're going to tell the principal about what happened. Enprix needs clearance from him so he'll be excused for the duration of his recovery."

And they marched away. I went to the classroom and slumped myself on my chair. The science teacher came and taught lesson that I already know. I contributed a little (Well, ok, I gave them a crash course about Advance Chemistry and Physics which was a vital part to understand for us to remember the terms currently used. Even the teacher was astounded by my performance) to the lesson. The girls came and gave the teacher a piece of paper.

Apparently, that's the excuse letter of Enprix. The both of them bowed and went to their seats. Luxian and Dihex followed after them and seated to their seats too.

After a while, the school bell rang. We were all dismissed. A lot of chit chat and buzzing conversations. It's so noisy, I'm irritated.

I walked outside.

When school ends, I am the guardian of Amryx. I paid by his parents to protect her. They issued me a gun though I'm just student. To the government, I'm already 18 and is able to use a gun. But to tell the truth, I'm just 15. I have been inserted by her parents to protect her during her classes too.

I live at her mansion. But I stay outside of the place most of the time because I hunt non-existents.

"Madam, let us go straight home." I suddenly become a butler when the classes are dismissed.

She doesn't speak. She never spoke to me after classes; she just had this shy look on her face with her head facing down.

We walked home. At the front of her house, I leave her there to be escorted by other guards. Then I go to wherever I want to go for the night. I take a stroll around the city, trying to memorize where to run when there's trouble or where to find something when I suddenly have the need for it. I even make patrols on alleys to help cut down the crime rate of this city.