Chapter 15 - Nativity Anniversary

Chapter 15 – Nativity Anniversary

I make my way towards the door. The whole aura of the place is very different of what I felt when I first entered it. I open the door. The light from the bulb outside the room casts my shadow in a freakish looking way. It made everything more eerie.

I try to look at the darkness if front of me. I stare at the darkness for quite a while. My eyes adjusted a little and I saw three figures. Who are they?

Out of the blue, I hear small voices. And it's coming from the vague figures in front of me. I'm definitely afraid of what's happening. I'm rooted to my spot and I can't move from fear. I'm on my own. I can't run now.

Suddenly, the lights go on. I went blind to the sudden change of luminosity. I closed my eyes.

This is a crucial situation. My temporary blindness can cost me my life. I have to open this as fast as I can. At this kind of instance, they can run to me and stab me with a knife or detain me. I have to act fast.

I opened my eyes forcibly. Even if I'm still recovering, I barely open one and look at the scenario. There were people in front of me, the vague figures that I pointed out awhile ago. But everything's still blurry. I can't interpret what's happening.

I blink for a couple of times. I'm still standing. I can see my palm clearly. I look at the figures I saw awhile ago. Senyxe, Amryx, Dihex were standing right in front of me. I can't understand their facial expressions, Senyxe and Amryx were smiling and Dihex was kinda grinning. Then I hear footsteps.

"Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you..." a voice from the kitchen comes singing.

Luxian came out with a cake in his hand. There were candles on top of it and they were lit.

I look at them in surprise.

"Yeah, it's your birthday. August 19 is your birthday, right? Today's 19, your birthday." Said Amryx

And she held up a card. It was my school ID. And she pointed out the part where my birthday is imprinted. I looked at the holder of my ID and then my gaze went to everyone in the room. They were waiting for my response.

"I never actually celebrated any of my birthdays. I don't have enough money to pay for a cake or those luxurious items." I said coldly.

Not once in my life did I celebrate that. My classmates celebrated theirs with their friends. And ate food and went out to buy stuff after school. But me, I didn't know such. To celebrate something like that is like too lavish for me. I never bothered to tell anyone about my birthday. I never bothered to celebrate it. I never bothered to do anything about it. It's just a day. It just made me a year older, that's all. Why celebrate something that made you older?

"Just thank us. We were already together for three years and we never knew when your birthday was. It was pretty impromptu. We only knew it when we came to your house and saw your wallet with your ID in it." Luxian brought out my wallet and wiggled it in front of me

"We planned everything before you came. And we told each other not to tell you that we know until now." Said Amryx

I walked towards the kitchen. I saw the box that Amryx was trying so hard to hide. It was a cake box.

"I thought you had an idea when you saw the box. But we still pushed through and here we are now." She smiled

Dihex went to me and put his hand on my shoulder and gripped it a little.

"Happy Birthday." He murmured

"Thanks." Then he patted my shoulder and went to the plastic bags.

"Thanks everyone. Thanks." I blew the candle and everyone clapped.

Everyone started to go with the food plans for my birthday. I pulled out my cellphone and dialed 117.

"10 hours 58 minutes and 24 seconds. Nighttime."

I help with the cooking. I cooked spaghetti, some chicken and other food that had to be cooked first. Dihex called for a pizza delivery since we weren't gonna finish the junk food off. The girl didn't want any of the junk food and doesn't want to eat Luxian's dishes which had the oriental Asian taste to it.

Pizza came after a few minutes. The girls ate most of the pizza and the other boys ate junk food. I just stared at them and ate only when I was told to. I liked it, seeing them that way because of MY birthday. I didn't know I could make them happy because of this. I just watched them laugh themselves out and have fun while I just go along with them, passively. I was too tired to even pay much attention to what they're doing.

I sat near the wall and leaned my head on it. I gaze at them, having fun with the food and laughing while watching some movies from Dihex's movie archive. Time went on and I didn't know I already fell asleep.