Chapter 7 - Rails

Chapter 7 – Rails

"Enprix, do you like me?"

That question suddenly popped out of her mouth. That question also gave me shivers down my spine. I have no idea of how to answer that question. That was the shock of my life. My heart went racing. I don't want to say "Amryx" then our hands are clenched together under this bed sheet. That would totally be wrong.

But the whole scene, the scene where I saved her from those guys though I'm not capable. Everyone would take it the other way and it's easy to accept that what I did was done for her because I like her and to the extent that I was beaten up.

Anyone could meld it and show it to someone and say that I love her. Because basically, a normal guy wouldn't save a girl in distress and the opposing team is as scary as those delinquents. And everyone knows that whoever goes against them can die anytime.

I looked at her. I saved her from those guys. But I never thought that this was the consequence. I never thought that I should be able to protect her and love her. I never thought that I'd be forced to do this. I should have thought better. I should've planned what I should have done. But everything's laid down in front for me. Forcing me to go along with it, like a train on rails.

I breathed a deep sigh. I don't know what to do. Should I be frank with her and tell her that I like someone else? But wouldn't that be stupid, with me knowing that I'm letting her hold my hand and all.

"Enprix, here's your medicine." The sheets on the right side of my bed opened and a nurse came inside carrying a pill along with a glass of water.

Senyxe's hand that held mine, retracted to her side.

This is the best save ever. I never thought that I'd be this lucky and I guess everything would be cool. I'd just have to get a little less closer to Senyxe and I guess she wouldn't bother me with that question anymore.

I didn't let out a smile. I reached out my hand and got the pill from the nurse and popped it into my mouth and drank the water. It's a painkiller. So I wouldn't feel the bruises that attack my fragile structure.

"Your adrenaline rushed in your blood and you didn't suffer the punishment those kids gave you. But you succumbed to the punches when your adrenaline started to fade. That's why when you became relaxed, you suddenly fainted because of all the pain and your brain couldn't handle the information." Explained the nurse

I simply nodded to her. I looked at my hands. Only now did I notice that they have bandages up to my arms.

"Some of the students said you covered yourself with your hands and it took most of the kicks when you were down. Good thing you didn't break any of your ribs when they stomped on you. You don't have any serious injuries and luckily, your face didn't suffer much. Only a graze." And she pointed my right cheek.

I felt my face and there was a bandage on it too. I'm pretty messed up. How would I go home? I would be bothersome when I go home and my dad would see this and ask about it. He might even go here and reprimand the said students. I would look gay if that happens. People would think I went to my father and cry and told him to get revenge for me. I would be ashamed of myself. A true man can handle these kinds of things by himself.

"Am I allowed to take my leave?" I asked, bothered by my thoughts

"You can stay for as long as you want. You're already excused on all of your subjects today. The teachers who will give exams on this day will give you your special exams a day after you return here in school. You may call your father if you wish to be fetched here." She said and offered me her cell phone.

I stood up and smiled at her. Then I looked at Senyxe, giving her the signal that we're leaving.

"Thanks!" I said

And we opened the door and went outside. My jaw dropped open. I never thought that this would happen.

"This is not good." I mumbled and I looked at Senyxe