Chapter 13 -Details

Chapter 13 –Details

"I'm coming?" I asked in skepticism

"Yeah, you can't sleep here. The people who killed your father might come back. My car is just by the road. I can order them to go here and fetch us. I have the whole place surrounded by my security. That's why we had the courage to go here. It just a small amount of security." stated Dihex.

Without another word, I followed them. Dihex called the car and in a few seconds, I'll be with them and I'll leave the house for the moment. I go inside my house again. I ran upstairs and got my laptop. Then I jumped downstairs and rejoined the group.

The car was a black family van. Dihex was already sitting beside the driver. Amryx and Luxian was sitting together in the middle. Senyxe was waiting for me outside the van. She looked worried.

"We go together at the back. Please hurry." Said Senyxe, worried

I jogged to the car and got inside the car. We went at the back and opened the latch. We went inside and sat on the opposite sides. I laid the laptop beside me. I looked at Senyxe. And she smiled at me, cutely. Evading the awkward feeling that I get from her, I look out the window. I see blurred images of the lamp posts and the buildings. I heard the low hum of the car. The silence in the car was deafening.

The car suddenly stopped.

"We're going to buy something to eat first. I'll go together with Amryx and Luxian. Senyxe and Enprix, just stay there. The driver will go out and guard the area." Said Dihex while removing his seatbelt.

He looked at us.

"You two, just relax yourselves there, ok? Especially you, Enprix. You just went through a lot. Recollect your thoughts first and relax. We'll come back after a few moments."

Then he opened his door and got out. The two came out at the left side of the car. I looked at them go inside the big mart. My eyes lingered on them for a moment then my focus switched to Senyxe.

I didn't know what to do what the awkward air. Only now did I realize that Senyxe was wearing conservative clothes. She's was wearing a long skirt that passes beyond her knees, a T-shirt and a brown jacket. It was a little different from her normal wear, which was a revealing top with either had a skirt or skinny jeans. Of course, she always wore skirts during regular classes. Also, her perfume is very feminine to the extent that you'll get hooked on if you smell it for too long.

That scent is currently filling up the car. It's fighting the blood stench that was loaded inside. Not that it's bothering me, the others might find it somewhat overpowering if they enter the car again. And I can't believe that the scent is still strong even after going through the stench of blood in my house. I look at her.

The air inside the car is awkward. It's so quiet. I can find it peaceful if it weren't for her. But I know that it's awkward for her, so for me, it's getting awkward too. I should say something. Just to break the silence.

"So, how did you guys know that my father died?" I brought up a question in my mind.

"Amryx just called me. She told me that your father was dead. I didn't believe it at first, but then I saw the news. The press said it was a massacre because of all the blood and things. The police arrived at your house and investigated for a bit, but they left ten minutes after the press finished releasing the news. They said that the thing that happened to your dad might be related to the other killing that was going on in the city." She stated

I remember that news. The police said it was random killings. The murder group would just pick out a house and kill whoever's inside it. But they didn't specify on the murderer's identity. They didn't even have any suspects. They also didn't clarify on how the victim was killed. They just said the death was brutal. They didn't have any leads so the police always gave up on the search and told people to be vigilant. That is so wrong.

I put my head down. The police can't do anything either. I lost hope on that part too.

I guess I'm on my own.

Again, I hear a heartbeat. It was weak. So it didn't bother me much anymore. I just sighed.

"So, your mom let you stay at Dihex's house?" Another one of my questions.

"Yep. She told me to just stick with you. You know how much she trusts you. And she told me to comfort you. She also said that you'd need me at your time of demise. I'll help you get through this." She reassured me.

I wish I can just do that, put my weight on other people and let them do my bidding.

The latch door at the back opened. Luxian was outside, holding two big plastics of items that contains food and drinks. He placed it between me and Senyxe. Then he went back to the convenient store.

The right car door at the front opened and Dihex jumped in. Luxian returned and put another two big plastic bags of food and drinks inside the car.

"Isn't this too many?"

He looked at me.

"There are two more bags there. After that, we're okay." Then he went to the convenient store again and I followed him with my gaze.

I can see that Amryx was guarding the food while it was still inside the store. I looked at little more closely and I saw a box which I am not familiar of. Luxian lifted the last batch of plastic bags and dropped it into our space. Then he went into the left side of the car and seated himself beside Amryx.

Surprisingly, I didn't notice that she's already there. She's holding a box covered by a cotton towel. I can't see what the box is. I gave up.

I looked at Senyxe and called her moving my hands.

"Ask them what the box contains, can you?" I whispered into her ear.

She moved her head away and looked at me. She shook her head. She said no.

I was shocked. Why isn't she telling what it is? I'm curious but too embarrassed to ask.

Unexpectedly, we stopped, again. Everyone went out of the car. Senyxe raised the door and got down. She looked at me, as if telling me to come down too. The boys, along with the driver, got out and carried all of the baggage. We were in front of a big apartment.