Chapter 19 - Eyes of Genesis

Chapter 19 – Eyes of Genesis

I am Genesis.

I am an entity not from this world.

Years ahead of this time frame, the world will be brought to Chaos.

Chaos is a non-existent figure that roams about this world. It can cause disturbance in anything, from a simple math problem to the desolation of worlds. It, alone, is the most powerful being on this earth.

Everything began when a cult made a pact with a non-existent yet powerful being. But that being is not Chaos. The pact was made. The cult was to make five sacrifices to this being. The sacrifices were not random but formed a star shaped on the map of the city. The other end of the deal was the power to be able to control the existence of anything. The pact was going smoothly and everything was under control. In the process of the ritual, they had to make a rift between existent and the non-existent.

Until a disaster struck during the ritual, one of the sacrifices lived. The ritual became unstable causing massive amounts of non-existence to break free from the rift. All of it was channeled into the body of the cultists. Their bodies weren't enough to hold such amounts so slowly, they started to fade.

That group shed the light of the first non-existents. The bond between the cultists and the non-existent being was broken. None of them was saved, even the non-existent perished during the ritual.

Non-existents started to appear after the ritual. Apparently, the rift was never closed. Non-existence constantly poured into the Planet. They seek existences and they use it for their own selfish purpose. By holding the existence of the original object, they, too, started to take forms and exist. In short, they feed off of the existence of other object that are existent.

This information wasn't made known until many years have passed and humans started to understand everything about existences. But the world wasn't the world that we once knew. Everything was in ruins. The upper part of the Planet was barren due to the realm of the non-existents. We, those who real and alive, were forced to live under the Planet, inside a city under the upper crust.

It's like the tables were turned and we became the non-existents. For almost 30 years, my ancestors have been combating non-existents but we always end up defeated and severely injured. It's only time before they figure out how to get here and erase us all.

Now, we managed to manipulate our existences using a machine. The machine can take our existences into a different time frame. This machine requires a lot of electricity to work. And to our demise, we can't make much electricity underground. Only a few solar panels are keeping our production going. If they find out about the solar panels, we might lose some more people.

Roughly, there only about a thousand of us remaining here in this small underground city. We try as much as possible to keep ourselves from being extinct. We also try to reserve some of the remaining animals for they are wiped out on the face of the Planet.

Our situation isn't good.

It never was.

It never can be unless we destroy all of the non-existents.

Our current condition is pathetic. We can't survive for any longer. We are running out of food. There are no trees to support our condition because there's no sunlight underground. If we plant any trees above the ground, it would give away our current position. The solar panels are risks too, they may trace the electric wires to our position and kill us all.

All of the other concentration camps outside the city have been cleared out. I was one of the few survivors of the incident. So I'm here, a soldier who fights against non-existents, a scientist who develops weaponry that may disrupt or if lucky destroy the remaining existence of an enemy, a leader who stands up for these people, a general who commands the remaining injured, if not, inexperienced soldiers and a man who has to keep his sanity intact.

All of these are weighed upon me, a simple boy who was the son of a so-called hero, my father, and the best scientist, my mom. A boy who wielded a gun instead of holding a pencil, a boy who cried at the death of his father instead of celebrating his birthday and a boy who takes care of his lunatic mother rather than being taken care of by her.

Probably, the people here suffered much loss because of the non-existents. I'm sure there are many more here that have a more complicated and bitterer story than mine. I can't let anymore mournful cries nor do fearful screams fill the night. I'm he only one whom they trust, I guess. I have to give everything my all or they may die because of me.

I have the whole world on my shoulders.

I'm the one they look up to.

This is my world.

This is the true world.

This is our struggle.