Chapter 21 -The Usual Days of School

Chapter 21 –The Usual Days of School

I make my sword invisible. By enhancing my leg muscles and my lungs, I can withstand great stress on my legs, therefore, making me run faster and for an extended amount of time without feeling much fatigue and losing all of my stamina. I ran on top of buildings and raced the motor to the school.

To my surprise, I can't see where the bike is.

Did it go faster than me?

What a bummer. I got beaten by a motor even if I already enhanced my legs.

I was frustrated because I lost to something like that.

I stopped running. I already saw my school. I'm already close to it.

*Bang*

I was startled by the sudden noise. The noise came from the gate.

Oh, so you're closed already? Like I care.

I run up the buildings and charged strength into my legs. I jumped. A single bound and I already broke the sound barrier. Within seconds, I was really high up in the air. Thinking ahead, I weakened my existence so normal people won't notice what I just did.

Using the knowledge of aerodynamics a scientist once taught me, I used my body as a tool to maneuver itself in the air. The result? I landed roughly on top of the school building. Good thing, there are no maintenance people here yet.

I used the stairs from the rooftop to go down to my classroom. I arrived just right. No teachers yet.

I walked into the room. Not thinking about anything in mind, I unconsciously sit on my desk and put my bag under it. The sword hanging on my back can't touch anything. The existence of its mass is hidden right now. I look at everything. The noise of the school is driving me crazy. I grabbed a small bottle of pills inside my pocket. I open the lid and tap the bottle to get one pill. I look at it.

This pill is a prototype a scientist from my time gave me. The pill was a condensed amount of emotion existence. I can control the emotion of a certain group or person if they are within range this item pops. The emotion will be set first before activating it and even my emotions will be manipulated too.

I play with the pill on my hand. I look outside the window of the classroom that's pointing towards the field. I wish my people could feel how I feel right now. The simple cooling breeze of the earth which we cannot feel because we are underground, the thick trees surrounding the school grounds, children playing and more. I wish they knew such a way of life existed. I wish they felt this way too.

Suddenly, the door opens.

I was startled. I popped the pill and the existence of an emotion will fill this classroom. A gloomy feeling filled the air. People started to stare at Enprix and look sad. Poor guy, he must have thought that he's the reason why everyone's quiet.

He hurriedly walked towards his chair while looking at the window. He's not half-bad. He recovered quickly from the emotion. Even I haven't recovered from it yet. He continues to stare out at the window, looking at something that I can't see.

I look at the time.

I think I arrived too early. The teacher still has a couple more minutes before classes actually begin. I lean my head on my right fist and wait for the teacher.

I have to go to school every now and then. I have to develop how things go during this time frame. I have to socialize and to do that, I have to go to school, even if I already mastered what these students are trying to learn.

Seriously, that teacher is getting on my nerves.

Suddenly, the door opens.

He walked to his seat. And the whole class greeted him.

And then he went to his usual blabbering. I pass time by practicing my existence manipulation skills. I take out an eraser and have fun with it existence. I remove its appearance existence so it can't be seen but still felt. Then I reverse the process with my mind and return it to its original state.

The door creaks a little and a student came out of it. It was Amryx. She's wearing the Angel Wing necklace that her mother gave her for her birthday. It had an angel wing for its emblem.

The teacher stops and tells her to seat. Then he continues his lesson that none of us can understand. She walks and goes right beside me. She fixed her things and sat on her chair to go some rest. But after a few seconds,

"Is Enprix looking at me?" she said. She has her fingers crossed for some reason I do not know.

Apparently, Amryx has something for that guy. Enprix is little bit famous among the girls, I hear. Handsome, smart and he has reputation of a good guy, he's pretty much the dream of any girl high school student.

"No, he's looking outside the window again. He's daydreaming again, I guess." I replied coldly.

I told her the truth and it seemed that the truth made her face sour.

"What?"

"No, it's nothing." Then she turned her head away from me.

How childish, geez.

I looked at the teacher and he constantly looked at Enprix. What the heck. Maybe he sees that he's daydreaming again. He's desperate to keep the class lively, and doing that would just ruin the class. What a drag.