Chapter 17 - First Encounter

Chapter 17 – First Encounter

*Yawn*

I stretch my arms out as far as I can. And bend my back and stretch for the day.

It's time for school. I rise from the bed and look at everything; the girls weren't beside me anymore. Probably, they're taking a bath.

I take out my cell phone from under my pillow.

*Beep, Beep, Beep*

"5 hours, 52 minutes and 4 seconds. Daytime." The artificial voice spoke

If I were at my house, I'd probably be late. But they said that the school is near. So I'm still composed.

I stand up and take a look around the room. The window inside this empty room invites the dim sunlight in and fills the room with a relaxing atmosphere. The chirp of the birds made the environment better.

I look outside the window. There were trees in front of the apartment. Not your usual neighborhood. Also, noise pollution is quite low. Not much cars were passing through the road in front of the apartment but it might change because it's not near 7am yet.

7am is the busiest time for commuters because that's the time when they all commute, at the same time.

I gaze at the peaceful scenery and look at the world anew.

It's a day after dad's death.

I look at my arms. The bandages there were previously there was already removed. I wonder who removed it. And I can also see that there weren't any bruises anymore on any part my arms. I can't feel bandage on my face anymore. I found a mirror beside the cabinet and look at it. My pale skin wasn't blemished with the graze anymore.

I guess everything was clean. I look at my clothes. There were blotches of blood. My black pants ruined along with my white polo shirt. Some stains of blood on the polo sank and into my undergarment too. I can't go to school looking like a guy who just massacred a whole family.

I go to the cabinet and open its big two doors. I was surprised. There were a bunch of polo shirts hanging inside, covered in plastic. Black slacks were neatly folded on a shelf under the polo shirts. And there were two big, bulgy bags under the shelf. Does he really use all of these polo shirts? I doubt that the number of shirts here are lower than 20, it's too many.

The doors open and a tapping sound come in. Senyxe was wearing her school uniform. She smiles at me cutely. Her eye smile was attractive too, I think. It's really cute.

"I was going to wake you up but now that you're awake, I guess I'll just tell you that it's your turn to take a bath. They've all finished." Said Senyxe

"Oh. I don't have any change of clothes. I forgot to get them from my house. Can you call Dihex for me?"

Footsteps grow louder and almost every one of them came inside the room.

"Dihex, can I borrow one of your clothes? Mine's splotched with blood. And I can't go to school looking like this." I stated

Dihex threw something at me. I caught it with one of my hands and looked at it. It was a set of briefs.

"There are undershirts inside the polo shirts in the cabinet. You and I are almost the same in body size, I'm pretty sure those will fit you."

"Take a bath. There's a towel inside the bathroom for you. Hurry up. We don't have all day." Dihex shouted as he went out of the room.

Amryx fixed her ribbon while walking out of the room and Luxian went to the cabinet. Senyxe went there too and grabbed a set and went outside. She's probably gonna put it inside the bathroom.

"He has THESE many polo shirts? Whoa, dude! This is, like, luxury!" he shouted in amazement while browsing the cabinet.

Then he crouched down and grabbed the bulky bags.

"Luxian, do not touch the bags!" Amryx shouted as she threw a spoon against Luxian.

The spoon hit him cleanly on the head. He let out a scream of pain.

"Ouch!" and he went out the room holding the spoon while holding his head, rubbing the spot.

I went to the bathroom and took at shower. The things inside looks luxurious, from the cotton towel to the clean toilet, everything was good. I come out, drying my hair with a towel.

They were doing their businesses, Luxian was copying homework, Dihex was making a phonecall, Senyxe and Amryx were reading things. They all notice me.

"Let's eat." Said Luxian.

They all stood up and went to the kitchen, were the dining table was also located. I went with them. The meal was already set on the table. Everything was also arranged neatly, as if imitating a restaurant.

We all sit together and give our graces. We eat and finish. They all get their bags.

"Wait, where's my bag?" I completely forgot.

Everyone looks at me. They all look at me with the "Hahaha!-You-forgot-your-bag" stare.

Dihex went inside his room. He came out with my bag.

"Thanks." I said, relieved.

"I asked my driver to fetch your bag. Now, here it is."

He tossed it to me. And I caught it. And we made our way to the school. In no time, we were already at the school in no time. We went to the classroom and were back to normal, I guess. I was comforted by most of my classmates and teachers and the people who were with me were given acknowledgement on helping me through my crises.

It was our vacant period already. Again, it's the same rushing feeling that I used to feel during this time.

Suddenly, I hear screams. Students, who were normally loitering around, ran into their classroom. This is a different commotion. This doesn't normally happen during these times.

I look at the origin of commotion, which was the left wing stairs. Our building's inner structure was somewhat different from the normal ones. There were two stairs, right wing and left wing. Our classroom is located beside the right wing stairs.

In the far distance, I see a group of students walking towards us. I recognize them from how they walk. Surely, they were the delinquents who beat me up yesterday.