Chapter 18 - Encounter Mode: Delinquents

Chapter 18 – Encounter Mode: Delinquents

They were slowly closing in on me. What do they want?

They slowly make their way to our classroom. They were, like, making a grand entrance. Everyone was scattered about. They were running to their classrooms as they see those people walking. Some of them run downstairs to evade those people.

Surely, they were famous and scary, scary enough to scare away these students.

I hold my ground. Somewhat, I knew that they were looking for me. I have that impulse right now.

My heart is racing. I don't know what to do. I can't ask for help. That's going to be too independent. But their help would be really appreciated.

I make a fist with my hand and think of ways to fight them. I don't have any idea on how to fight. I fought during my elementary years but that was it. I never get involved into fistfights until yesterday.

Everything is going too fast.

My heart was thrashing against my chest. I was already breathing heavily.

But unlike yesterday, I'm a little bit more confident right now. There were only four of them, yesterday, they were seven.

My mind is playing conversations. Practicing what to say whenever they will ask anything, saying counterstatements to theirs. Worst-case scenario would be a fistfight and then I lose and they take any girl that they want.

Our section is filled with cute girls but they weren't exposed much. We focus mainly on our studies.

I didn't know what to do. Am I gonna be the hero again?

"Are they coming for you again?" said a voice from my back

I turned my head to see who that person is. It was Amryx.

"Please, hide Senyxe." I said, wanting to sound brave.

She went inside and I think she did what I told her to do. Again, I was alone on this corridor, looking at the delinquents. They already made it here.

"So, you're still alive, huh?" said a guy who has a piercing on his left ear.

"What do you want?" I said coldly, trying to shove them away with words.

I knew that words wouldn't work that much on them

"I want the girl yesterday." He was referring to Senyxe, I presume.

"She's not yours to give and take."

My heart was filled with fire. I just want everything to wrap itself up and finish.

"She'll be mine and I know it." He sneered

Then he put his hand inside his pocket and pulled out a fan knife. This is not good. I know I can't fight them with them having that advantage.

Adrenaline surged into my blood. I felt like I can do everything. My body lightened up a little.

There was still one way to win, Shock and Awe. They weren't prepared for this.

I was using a high grip leather shoes with a steel toe. Dihex handed it to me awhile ago.

I ran towards them. I jumped to the window ledge on the classroom and used it as leverage for a higher jump.

In seconds, my feet were higher than them. My body force was going to the left because I jumped from the right ledge.

I charged power into my legs and pushed my right foot back for a kick.

*Crack*

I think his jaw dismantled as my foot hit his face cleanly. He went down into the grounds and the knife fell on the floor far from them.

I went down into the ground again. Due to recoil, my body was almost in a sitting position. I used it as an advantage and swept the other guy off his feet using my leg by swinging my leg against his. He, too, fell down. He used his elbow as cushion and that just made everything worse for him.

Lastly, in my sitting position, I gathered strength into my legs. This is to make my uppercut more powerful because I came from down low. I used the last of my strength to push my hand against his chin. With that much power given by adrenaline, his feet were lifted slightly off the ground then he fell down.

This is called… Shock and Awe.

Three people went down in seconds. Three people defeated by one man.

My victory would be great if there was a fanfare playing somewhere in the background.

People were looking at the people I just brought down. If I went to the principal, my classmates would support me, telling them that this is self-defense. They had a knife; I can't just stand around waiting for my death.

I laugh at the thought.

Three?

Wait.

There are only three people here. There is one more. How can I make such a crucial mistake?

Where is the other one? Why isn't he here?

Three gunshots were fired. Screams filled the air. People scattered about running away from the sound.

I felt three painful, burning sensations on my back. Two of them were somewhere on my left lung, I think they hit a major artery. One of it hit my lower back, somewhere on my left kidney.

This isn't good. I'm wounded.

I felt something going up my throat. I coughed it up and a red substance spat out of my mouth. I'm starting to spit blood.

I saw Amryx and Senyxe. They look like as if they want to go over to me. They can't cause there is still a gun on the loose. They look at me with pity. Senyxe had tears welling up in her eyes. My vision was starting to get blurry.

I turned around. There was another guy pointing a gun at me with one hand.

I fell on my knees. My body is starting to die. I lost all of my strength and my body fell flat on the ground. I can still see the guy's foot. With nothing else in mind, I grabbed it using the last pocket of strength that I had left in my hands.

Another loud gunshot. Everything faded to black.