Walk Away

Val
I woke up with the worst fucking headache. I lifted my body and the room was spinning. I immediately leaned to the side of the bed and puked my life up.

"What the fuck? Where the fuck am I?"

I scanned the room and saw a girl slipping on her clothes. "Hey....hey who are you? What is this," I asked.

She looked up at me her face bloody and her body bruised. "Oh God are you okay," I asked.

She came over to me. "I'm Nicole, i hooked up last night with you and your boyfriend at the Lovers Party. I didn't realize he was...girl you better get away from him while you can," she said.

I felt my eyes watering. "Did...did he?" She nodded yes. Her eyes tearing up. "You probably don't remember anything because of all that drugs and alcohol," she said.

I looked at her confused. "Drugs? I don't do drugs. I smoke weed."

She looked at me and said, "he gave you Molly...lots of molly."

I couldn't believe my fuckin ears. "What did he do to you? You need to call the police."

She snatched away from me. "He beat me...amongst other things after you passed out. I can't go to the cops tho. You wouldn't understand." 

"Where the fuck is he," I asked now fuming.
"He left early this morning. Do you need a ride," she asked.

I nodded yes and got up to get myself together and dressed and we left. I tried convincing her the whole time to go to the cops but whatever Damien did she was not going to speak against his ass.

I walked into my house not giving a damn about work and planning on my exit from Damien. I don't want him, this job, or anything to do with him. I don't even want to see Dante. I have to though. I have to tell him what's going on. What I did. My heart sank to the floor. He's gonna be crushed.

I don't know how I let my life become so complicated. Damien was the devil and I fell for all that charm. He's sick. He raped someone, he drugged me like I can't even comprehend.

I got in the shower and just let the hot water run all over my body. I scrubbed hard to try and remove all the disgustingness of his touch. I felt filthy. There wasn't enough water in the world to get rid of him. I was more scared of him getting rid of me. If I end it he will lose it but I have to. I'll go to my father if I need to.

Dante
I sat in my car listening to the rain. Shit was so fucked up. My head hurt from thinking so much. I'm a get my dad back though. My phone buzzed fucking up my train of thought.

I looked down at it and it was Val.

Val: Hey Dante...I know we haven't spoken in a while. Shit ended up pretty bad the last time we saw each other, but I really need to see you. Meet me at the diner on 25th if you aren't busy.
Me: Hey Val..good to hear from you and sure. We can catch up.
Val: Cool I'll be there in about 10 minutes.

I lit up. It's crazy man after everything I just wanna be with Val. Idgaf if I look like a punk. I sped off to rush and get to the diner. It took me a good 15 so when I got there she was already there. I smiled and walked in. Time to get my baby back.

I climbed into the booth to face her but my smile quickly faded when I saw 2 things....the sadness on her face and the bruise on her mouth.

"Hey Val what's going on? You look great," I said lying through my teeth. She looked horrible. I could tell she had been crying.

"You're such a bad liar," she said with a little laugh. "Look I have to tell you something. It's a lot. I need you to not react and not speak just let me talk."

I was terrified when she said that. I grabbed her hands from across the table.

"A little over a month ago after 2 months of not being together I went to go out for some drinks. I met an older man there and I went across the street to his hotel with him."

I felt myself getting mad so I squeezed her hand.

"The man was older. We enjoyed each other's company and we hooked up. When I got home to you that's where I was comin from that morning. You got me the interview and when I got there the man that was interviewing me was the same man I left with"

What the fuck did she just say? She slept with my fucking father!!! Calm down calm down!!! Calm the fuck down Dante!!!

"We continued sleeping together after and then he gave me a month to end all things with you. He threatened me. He also told me he beat you up and he slapped me for taking up for you. He then took me to a party where he drugged me and took me and this girl to a private room. What was supposed to be a 3some turned into a rape and beat down. She won't go to the cops and I'm fucking scared. He's crazy. I'm fucking so sorry I did this to you. I love you so much and I just didn't want to feel the pain you left me in. That's the only reason I went home with him the first time."

She was balling her eyes out. I was crying too. I ain't know what to feel. We sat there  for about 15 minutes crying and holding hands.

"Val...you were my everything yo!! Like I would give you the world if I could. I know I hurt you but this here.....this fatal," I said. I looked around at all the happy people around us chatting and eating. That used to be us. Now look at us.

"Dante you gotta believe me when I say I'm sorry. Please i know I fucked up," she said not letting my hands go. I was trying to move mine.

"Val I can't do this. I'm a fuckin kill him and me and you? Me and you are done forever. I love you but this is unforgivable," I said snatching my hands. She cried harder. Everybody around us still doing their own thing. Nobody can see what's going on or feel our pain. I know she's hurting but me? I'm really hurting. She broke my heart.

I stood up and grabbed my keys. Walk away Dante...walk away from her.

"Dante please. I need you now more than ever. Please please don't leave," she said pleading and grabbing my shirt. As hard as it was to do...I had to walk away.

I snatched away and walked out the door. She came running behind me.

"Don't do this!!! I never left you. I always had your back," she said walking beside me to my car.

I kept walking and got into my car. She stood on the drivers side crying so much she couldn't talk. Her clothes were now soaked from the rain. My heart was breaking seeing her like this but I had to stay strong.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!!! STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!!!!" I drove off leaving her there. I had other shit to worry about. My dad was a dead motherfucker!!!