Dirty Little Secrets

Dante
I sat on the couch waiting on my ex to come home. We been broke up for 2 months but I miss her. I know I fucked up but that was the love of my life. I wasn't about to just give up.

After spending all night at her crib I knew she was out with someone else. That shit was killing me inside. I called and texted over and over. No answer. No fucking answer.

I picked up my phone and the time read 7:30am. I was just about to call again when I heard the door open. In walked Val with her hair all over the damn place and her makeup smeared.

"What the fuck are you doing in her Dante," she asked with an infuriated look.

"Where have you been? You haven't answered me not fucking once since we broke up. How do you do that to a nigga"

She sat her purse down and walked closer to me.

"Nigga we are broke up. As in YOU cheated. This is YOUR fault!!!! What I do, where I go, and who I spend my time with is no longer your concern. So GTFO and I mean now before I call the fucking cops"

A softness came over me. The realization set in that I may have lost my girl for real.

"Look I'm sorry Val. I know I fucked up. I love you. I can't lose you. Please let's just talk," I said as I got up to hug her. She gave me nothing. No embrace back no love nothing.

She pushed me off and walked past me to sit on the couch.

"Talk," she said with a snappy attitude.

"Did you spend the night with someone last night?"

She rolled her eyes and gave me an evil smirk.
"I did. I spent the night with Brooke"

My heart broke. She was lying. She crushed me. I know I did my dirt but if this is how women feel when we do our bullshit...I'll never cheat again. I wanted to choke her ass I really did, but it's not like we together.

"Listen V, I love you and I know you still love me. Let's try again. Give me another chance please"

"Dante this conversation is over" she said pointing towards the door motioning for me to get out.

"What if I got you an interview with my dad for your dream job? That's the least I could do," I said praying she would take the bait.

She looked shocked. In the time we had been together, she never met my parents. They aren't the easiest to deal with. Me and my father have a pretty fucked up relationship but I was willing to bite the bullet to get my girl back. 

"Look there's a web and digital media management job open. If you're interested show up there today at 1pm"

I handed here a piece of paper with the address. "I already told him you would be by there. I'm a see myself out. Your key is on the table"

I started walking towards the door when Val called my name. I looked back at her.

"Thanks Dante. Right now it's too soon to start patching things up or even be friends. I need time, but I'm not ruling it out," she said.

I was filled with happiness on the inside. Shit I still got a chance. I smiled and walked out the door. 

Damien
I checked out of my hotel room and jumped in my Benz. Man what a night. As an older gentleman I've had my fair share of women young and old but Val...there was something about her.

I can't believe she left without saying anything though. No time to think about it now. I pulled up in front of my building and slid my wedding band back on my finger. I'm running late as hell. I have a 1pm interview with some little slut my son has been running around with.

I honestly should have cancelled. Val wore me out. I slept past 2 alarms.

I looked in the rear view mirror to adjust my tie and walked into the building.

"Good morning Mr. Smith," my secretary said.
I nodded and walked into my office. Unfortunately to my surprise my annoying ass wife was sitting there. I hated my wife. Everything about her made me regret ever walking down the aisle.

I married her because of her money. Not something I'm proud of but hey I didn't have many opportunities as a felon. Plus I had a kid to raise.

"Nice of you to finally show up. Late night with one of your whores"?

I chuckled to myself. "No sweetheart, your sisters were busy....sadly"

She stood up and gave me a smirk.

"As much as I would love to entertain you foolish antics, I'm not here for that. I need you around for the Benefit Brunch on Saturday. It's important that you show your face"

I hated these fucking events.

"I'll be there Carla," I said.

"Thank you Damien", she said walking towards the door. Just then I heard someone say "Hi, I'm here for an interview."

I looked up and was in complete shock....it was Val.