Chapter 34

I'm so bored, just sitting here looking up at the ceiling. Michael had to leave (obviously), and none of the other boys would be willing to come over, nor would I really want to hang out with them right now. All I want to do is watch a movie with Michael, but that can't happen.

     For the past couple of minutes, I've been trying to get some solid inspiration for a song. I want this song to be different, not just a cliche song about partying and getting drunk like most of the trash on the radio. I'm trying to come up with a genuine song that people can get behind. Suddenly, my brother crashes into my room with tears in his eyes. I run over and pull him into a hug.

     "What's wrong Brayden?" I ask softly, softly stroking his back. He starts sobbing as I hold him.

     "I'm so sorry," he cries, looking at me.

     "What? You didn't do anything," I say, confused. He sniffles a couple of times.

     "I've been keeping something from you for so long in order to protect you, but I noticed how much it's damaging your life," he tells me sincerely as I sit down on my bed.

     "What do you mean?" I question before he sighs.

     "I walked in here earlier today and saw something. You were completely oblivious to the fact that I was here. You and one of the guys, I think his name is Michael, were hanging out together. The two of you were snuggled together, and you were giving him this look I had never seen you give anyone before. 

     Although I'm really against you having a relationship since I want to protect you, I saw how much both of you want one, but you're too stubborn for that. You stick to that promise so much that it's ruining your life," he informs me, which confuses me. What could he apologize for? I already knew this.

     "I already knew this," I inform him as I'm trying to refrain telling him that I've already gotten past that.

     "I know that, but there's something more," he sighs awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

     "Which is?" I urge him to continue.

     "There are multiple things really, which all sort of combine," he starts to ramble.

     "Brayden," I bring him back on track.

     "Well, I'll start off easy. We're only half siblings. You're step mom is my actual mom," he winces, making my eyes widen. This is considered starting it off easy!?! Brayden's always been the one to talk to her about, to relate to about this. I feel betrayed.

     "Bray...," I start before he cuts me off.

     "I have to tell you something else first before you go off at me. Umm... soooo...," he trails off, and I slap his shoulder.

     "Just tell me," I snap.

     "Wellyourmomsortakindaisntdead," he breathes quickly at a rate where I can't even hear him.

     "What?" I ask before he sighs once again.

     "Your birth mom isn't dead. You've actually never met her," he tells me as I dart up. Tears start to prickle in my eyes. This is a lie. I spent the first couple of years with my mother before she died in a car accident.

     "Lies! I grew up with a mom," I spit, making him wince.

     "That was a nanny my father wanted you to think was your mother. He wanted you to have a mom, but he wasn't with my mom at the time since he cheated on my mom with yours," he informs me, but I shake my head. This is all lies.