Chapter 30

"Are you okay?" I ask Michael as we walk into the room. He looks distraught, an upset look painted across his face.

     "Oh, yeah I'm fine," it takes him a minute to register before sitting on one of the beds. 

     "Are you sure?" I ask, seeing as he still looks upset. He nods.

     "It's all good," he replies, giving me a fake smile. I wrap my arms around him, making him sigh.

     "So at the meet and greet, I met this adorable little boy named Mason," I start with a huge smile on my face.

     "Is that the little kid who was there right before me?" he asks, and I nod.

     "Yeah. He was such a sweetheart, but after I was done meeting him, his grandma told me something," I frown at the end of my statement, confusing him.

      "She told me that he got diagnosed with Leukemia, but they don't have the money to pay for the chemotherapy," I tell him, making him frown.

     "That's awful," he says, making me nod.

     "That's why I thought of something," I smile, which confuses him.

     "What did you think of?" he asks.

     "Well, I thought I could start a charity of some kind to raise money for him. We could sell t shirts, wristbands, anything really, and the proceeds would go to him," I answer as he smiles. I cuddle into his side, resting my head on the crook of his neck.

      "That's adorable," he coos. I shrug, a layer of blush coming over my cheeks.

     "And I need your help with it Mr. Smith," I say, using his actual last name.

     "How so?" he laughs with his arms around me.

     "I suck at designing anything, whether it be album covers, merchandise, or even my own room. I need your help designing everything," I admit, attempting to blow a piece of hair out of my face that is just sitting in front of one of my eyes. I finally manage to get it out of my face, giving myself a little victory.

     "I'm down," he says. I squeal, hugging him tighter.

     "Thank you thank you thank you," I smile.

     "Anything for you," he replies, making my heart melt. I look up at him and smile, seeing as his eyes are their natural brown color instead of blue.

     "Your eyes look so different when they're brown," I point out.

     "How so?" he asks with a small smile on his face.

     "Don't get me wrong, I love it when your eyes are blue, but when they're brown it's so much more... natural. It feels so much more like you," I admit, making him softly laugh.

     "If I don't wear my contacts everyday, can you to keep talking about my eyes?" he playfully asks, making me smile.

     "We'll see," I tease, scrunching up my nose a little. I look up at him as he looks down at me, our faces being a couple of inches apart. As if going against myself, my head starts rise, bringing my face closer to his.

     I can't. This boy is my addiction, and if I kiss him, there is no going back. So I want to kiss him? Yes. Can I? No. 

     Although that itself wouldn't directly be breaking my promise, I wouldn't be able to stop myself once I started. I finally bring myself back down to Earth right when our faces are a few centimeters apart. I pull back before anything can happen.

     Michael runs his hands through his hair, biting his lip.

     "Is there something wrong with me?" he asks, surprising me.

     "Of course not," I answer, making him sigh.

     "Then why?" he asks, confusing me.

     "Then why what?" I ask.

     "Then why do you always stop everything? We almost kissed twice in the past five minutes, but both times, you stopped. Every time we have a moment, or anything along those lines, you stop," he sighs, leaving me a distorted mess.

     "I-I made a promise to my...," I start, before he cuts me off.

      "I know, but I just thought... what I thought was stupid never mind," he stands up, walking out of the room. I'm left, sitting here, baffled. The bad part is I feel an overwhelming feeling of regret for not just ditching that promise and kissing him right then and there.

 The bad part is I feel an overwhelming feeling of regret for not just ditching that promise and kissing him right then and there

     Sorry guys this was a short chapter, but I felt it would've been bad if I kept going on.

     Shoutout to @alexnicole13 for inspiration for this chapter