Chapter 10

"Oh shoot," my dad says, walking into the studio where everyone is sitting in a circle. He seems shocked that we are all so calm, but looses the look after a couple of seconds.

     "What's wrong Mr. Williams?" Gavin asks in a voice that is mocking him, a mocking tone if you may.

     "It's my youngest daughters birthday, and I forgot," he spatters frantically, searching around the room. Oh course, leave it to my dad to forget Suzy's birthday.

     "Brynn, you two, and Brady," he addresses four of us, the other two being Michael and Jay, "have to go back to my house and keep her busy, outside of the house for the next couple of hours," my father commands, looking over the three boys he chose.

       "But won't they be missing something?" Cameron asks, sounding jealous he didn't get chosen.

     "Are we doing anything today? No, so they can leave. Go down to the back door where Gustavo will drive you back," my dad states, pointing to the door. I get up without tripping for once and wait by the door. Michael looks relieved to be out of there while Jay whispers something in his ear. Brady seems out of it, looking down at the ground while walking over. 

     The four of us walk towards the elevator in silence, and it isn't until we are already going down that someone decides to speak.

     "How could a father forget their own child's birthday?" Jay asks, but Michael just shrugs.

     "Beats me," Michael answers. Brady is just looking around the elevator, and I know something is off.

     "What's wrong Brady?" I question. He just shrugs, not giving me any information.

     "Nothing that would concern you," he smiles before pulling out his phone. 

---

     It's almost three minutes left in the car ride when Michael's phone goes off.

     "Who's Angel?" Jay asks him while bouncing his eyebrows up and down. My mouth becomes dry as I see Jay's actions in the rear view mirror.

     "One of my sister's friend's sisters that needs to leave me alone," Michael huffs, dropping his phone in the back seat. He looks so done with Angel, whoever they are.

     "And she has your phone number because?" Brady asks, and Jay gives Michael the "explain" look.

     "She asked for it from Erica," he admits. The rest of the rise is filled with useless banter until we pull up to the driveway.

     "I'm going to get changed into some real clothes," I laugh before climbing up the stairs. Although it takes me five minutes, I eventually find my room. For my shirt, I slip on a lace-ish tank top along with skinny jeans. I leave my hair down before pairing it up with stem sunglasses and a thin layer of makeup. Instead of slipping on converse, I put on some athletic shoe so if we do anything I need those type of shoes for, I have them.

     After putting on the final finishing touches, I go over to Suzy's room. My fist collides with the door. Seconds later, she opens the door with a huge smile on her face.

     "Brynn! Guess what day it is?" she asks, jumping up and down. Her pigtails bounce as she does whatever this is.

     "Hmmm, is today your birthday?" I ask playfully, causing her to giggle. Although Suzy isn't my full sister, she is still my sister. I'm going to be here for her when dad can't.

     "Yeah," she screams excitedly, doing a little dance. I smile before crouching down to her level so I can meet her eyes.

     "I have a surprise for you," I tell her, making her eyes go wide in excitement.

     "What is it?!?" she yells. Adrenaline rushing through he body as she jumps up and down.

     "I made some new friends who are going to help take you on another  special birthday adventure today," I inform her, and her face lights up with excitement. Her eyes glow as that gets announced.

     "Can I meet them?" she asks expectantly, her big, round puppy eyes begging to meet them. I laugh before nodding my head yes. I help carry her down the stairs, so she doesn't get lost, and we walk into the living room. All three boys look at me, but Michael's glance stayed the longest. Our eyes meet for several seconds, and its awkward yet great. 

     "This is Michael," I introduce, gesturing towards Michael. He waves at her, but she blows him a kiss.

     "Hi I'm Suzy, and this is my sister Brynn," her little, fragile voice introduces. Jay walks in the room, and she full on jumps out of my arms to run over near Jay. Her tiny arms and legs hold onto one of his calves as if it is a tree, nod she's a koala

     "What's your name?" Jay asks her, ruffling her hair a little on top. She giggles before looking up at him.

     "I'm Suzy. What is your name?" she asks back, seeming curious. He smiles before looking back down on her.

     "JHype," he introduces himself, making her giggle even more.

     "That's a funny name," Suzy comments.

This is late and I'm tired sorry I wanted to finish this quick so I could sleep