Chapter 33

Chance's POV

     "Where's Brynn's room?" I ask Megan as I walk into her house. Michael asked me to come pick him up from here once I was ready to drive over to my hometown. 

     "Upstairs with the sign that says 'Brynn's room,'" she purrs. I exit the room as quickly as possible, eventually reaching her room.

      I knock, but there's no response. I try once again. Still nothing. I slowly creak open the door to find Michael and Brynn passed out, both sleeping on Brynn's bean bag while some random movie plays in the background. Both of their arms are wrapped around each other, and Brynn's face is resting on his neck. 

     "Michael we need to go," I whisper, lightly shaking his shoulders to avoid waking Brynn up, but instead of him waking up, she wakes up.

     "Why are you stealing Michael from me?" she yawns in a sleepy voice, still holding onto him.

     "I'm just borrowing him," I try to convince her. She frowns, hugging him even more.

     "Chance," she groans. Michael yawns barely opening his eyes.

     "What are you doing here Chance?" he asks sleepily.

     "We need to leave soon or else we won't make it in time," I tell him, making him groan.

     "I have to go Brynn. I'll see you as soon as possible," he hums, hugging her and standing up.

     "Take a picture with Chance's daughter with me," she smiles at him, making him nod.

     "I will do that," he says before the two of us walk out of the room and over to the car.

Michael's POV

     "We're almost there," Chance states as we pull off a freeway. I raise an eyebrow.

     "I thought you said it would be a couple of hours. It's only been thirty minutes," I object, making him shake his head.

     "I said it'd be a little over an hour if we hit traffic," he objects before handing me his phone. "Type in this address. It's Brooklyn's babysitter's," Chance hands me a piece of paper with an address scribbled on it.

     "Have you met them before?" I ask, confusing Chance.

     "Who?" he questions.

     "The babysitter," I clarify,  but he shakes his head.

     "Nope, never in my life. All I know is that her name is Alex," he states.

       "What ended up happening the other night?" Chance asks, and I go stiff, knowing exactly what he means.

     "What do you mean?" I act, attempting to play it off.

     "You left kinda upset before coming back in crushed and grabbing a jacket. Then, you were ecstatic when you came back. Something happened," he smiles, and I try to play it off.

     "Brynn and I got in a little argument, but we settled it, which made me happy," I tell the truth, but I don't give certain significant details.

      "Really? Then when did you start dating Brynn?" he asks, and my eyes widen before I attempt to cover it.

     "We aren't dating," I lie horribly as he laughs.

     "Then why did you have lipstick spread on your face when you came back?" he questions, shocking me.

     "I-I," I try to defend myself, but I can't.

      "Don't worry only Jay, Brady, and I noticed. I'm happy for you," he pats me on the back before looking straight at the road.

     "I shouldn't try to lie," I laugh, and he quickly nods.

     "Agreed. Also, a couple of the other boys find interest in Brynn, so If I were you, I'd probably let the rest of the guys know sooner or later," Chance informs me right as we pull up into a driveway. The two of us hop out of the car.

     "Who?" I ask, but he has already reached and knocked on the door. I quickly jog over there before a girl around 5'4" opens the door. She has long, brown, wavy hair along with matching brown eyes.

     "Hi," she greets, but Chance doesn't answer. He just stares at her with his mouth slightly agape.

     "Hi. I'm Michael and this is Chance, Brooklyn's dad," I answer instead of Chance, bringing him back down to Earth.

     "Y-yeah I'm Chance," he stutters awkwardly, and I can't help but smile smally. She smiles at him.

     "Brooklyn talks about you all the time. She constantly tells me how you sing to her or how you're on 'the boy band show.' She brags about you a lot," she tells Chance, bringing a huge smile onto his face at the mention of his daughter.

     "Really? Where is she?" he asks.

     "She's taking a nap. You guys can come in if you want," she offers, which both of us accept, walking inside.

Devin's POV (for the first time)

     I'm so happy to be back home. Although I love being in LA, there is always something special about home that draws you back to it. I already physically went to my house, but now I'm standing right on Hannah's front doorstep with some presents for her since I've missed her so much. When I knock on the door, Hannah's mom opens it.

     "Hi. Is Hannah home?" I ask before she hugs me tightly. It's reached the point where Hannah's family feels like part of my family now.

     "She's in her room," she informs me, and I power walk over to Hannah's room. I open the door up to Hannah in a full on makeout session with some other boy.

     My heart drops, seeing the girl I'm crazy for cheating on me right before my eyes. She looks at me with a look of panic.

     "Oh shit," she mumbles.

     "Why Hannah?" I ask, tears starting to prickle in the corners of my eyes as I walk slowly towards the door.

     "You left me Devin! For several months you wouldn't tell me why you were in LA. I couldn't wait any longer," she accuses me.

     "I would have told you if I was allowed to, but I wasn't," I inform her.

     "Devin lets just try aga...," she starts before I cut her off.

     "No Hannah. I break up with you," my voice cracks as I walk out of her room.

 I break up with you," my voice cracks as I walk out of her room

This chapter is dedicated to @alexnicole13 AKA Alex. Also, pay attention next chapter might get kind of confusing.