Chapter 20

What does my dad do when he needs to have a meeting right before I have a meet and greet? Put me in charge of watching 18 teenage boys. He says there are some "changes" being made to whatever he was going to do with the boys.  Because of this meeting, I need to watch them.

     Of course, after knowing these boys for three weeks now, I'm really close to some of them, but there are still some I'm not really close with. Some of them seem off, which I get. My dad made them remove any musical traces of them from the internet for the time being, and he made it so they aren't allowed to go back home anymore. He doesn't want "anyone finding out." A mixture of all of these components leads to right now. Some of the boys are hanging out like usual, while others are calling their family members, or are just completely zoned out.

     "Michael we need to leave in five minutes, and I don't know what to do with you guys. I can't  leave you here because my dad will get upset, but I can't take you with me since people aren't supposed to know who you are," I rant, my head resting on his chest. He shrugs, scrolling through someone's social media account. 

     "Beats me," he says, and I groan. 

     "Help me," I command him, but he shakes his head.

     "I'm good," he responds, engrossed in his phone. I huff at his response, and he laughs.

     "Michael," I whine.

     "Brynn," he imitates me, and I narrow my eyes.

     "Umm, maybe you could split us into groups to just hang out in the general area of the meet and greet. We won't get lost, won't be here, and people won't know we're there with you," Dorian suggests out of nowhere, sitting on the couch right next to the two of us. I smirk at Michael at stand up.

     "What a great idea Dorian. I'll go hang out with you because you actually help me," I say loudly before sitting down next to Dorian, laying my head on his chest like I did Michael's. I hear Dorian gasp softly to himself, making myself laugh slightly.

     "Come back," Michael groans, looking over at me. I shake my head.

     "Nope," I pop the "p", making him glare at me. He walks over and physically picks me up, bringing me over to the couch he was on. His arm wraps around my waist, holding me in place while he goes back on his phone. Dorian stares at us, putting me on edge.

     "Can you let us decide the groups?" Michael asks me with a small smile on his face. As I'm about to agree, a shrill voice interrupts me.

     "No. I already sorted you into six groups of three in alphabetical order by first name. Group one is Andrew Bloom, Andrew Butcher, and Brady. The second group is Cam, Cameron, and Chance. The third group is Devin, Drew, and Dorian. Group number four is Gavin, Jaden, and Jay. The fifth group is Jon, Marcus, and you," she boops his nose, making me scoff. Michael glares at her, but she doesn't pay attention. "The last group is Mikey, Miles, and Sergio."

     "I ship it!" someone yells across the room when she booped his nose. He visibly gags, and she gains a huge smile on her face.

     "What what our ship name be?" Megan asks him. He looks at her straight faced.

     "Well, the ship couldn't be named if it sunk before it got built," he deadpans, and I start hysterically laughing. She gasps, and a lot of the other boys start laughing also. She struts off, and I high five Michael. He is looking back at his phone with a such a high level of concentration.

     "Who's instagram are you stalking?" I ask, and he cracks a small smile, looking at me. His arm is back around my waist and my head is laid upon his chest.

     "Well... my little brother said he liked some girl, so I took the initiative to check over her instagram and make sure my brother is okay," he says quietly, and I smile.

     "Aww that's cute," I smile. He shrugs with a cute little closed mouth smile on his face.

     "Umm... you might want to check on Devin and Chance," Michael suggest, looking up at them. The two of them are sitting in the corner of the room crying showing each other something on their phones.

     "I could if you'd let go of me," I nudge him, and he lets go of around my waist. I lean my head on his shoulder for a couple more seconds before going over to Devin and Chance.

     "And this is when I took her to California. That was one of the best times of my life. I promised her I'd show her the world, and I don't plan on breaking that," Devin smiles sadly, showing Chance a picture. I walk over to them, and they both try to wipe away the tears.

      "Hey Brynn," Chance smiles through the tears. Both him and Devin are surely missing a loved one, seeing as they were sharing pictures with each other.

     "Hi guys. Are you two doing okay?" I ask cautiously. Devin shakes his head no while Chance shrugs.

     "I miss Hannah," Devin frowns, tears forming in his eyes. He's had minimal contact with Hannah the past three weeks, which has been tearing him up.

     "I miss Brooklyn," Chance admits, and I become curious. Who is Brooklyn?

     "Is Brooklyn your girlfriend?" I ask, and both his and Devin's eyes widen. The two of them shake their heads no.

     "Brooklyn is my daughter. She's two now," Chance tells me. My mouth makes an "o" shape.

     "I see it must be hard to be away from them," I frown, and the two of them nod.

     "Extremely, but I am doing this to give Brooklyn and I a better life," Chance smiles, and my heart warms. Suddenly, I feel someone shaking my shoulders.

     "Brynn!" they yell, a voice full of excitement.

     "Brady!" I yell back, and he starts jumping up and down.

     "Guess who is going to be at your meet and greet?" he asks, a huge smile on his face.

      "Who?" I ask.

     "Courtney!" he fanboys, and I give him a high five.

     "How do you know?" I ask, and he shrugs.

     "She sent me this," he informs me, showing me a text message from her.

     "Oh, so you guys have been texting," I smirk, and he playfully nudges me.

     "Be quiet," he says before walking away, and I can't help but break out in a fit of laughter.

Sorry for no update yesterday guys. I was at a party. This was a throw together chapter I put in last minute so I hope you liked it.

*alert*

This was just an intro chapter for the meet and greet to introduce more characters, so your character is coming soon if you requested one. You can still ask to be in the story, but you just won't have one of the boys as your boyfriend.