[22]

____________________________________

<Hogwarts, First Day Back>

As soon as Willow, George and Fred had entered the entrance hall a large blue water-filled balloon had been dropped onto Willow, "nice shot" she said smiling up at the poltergeist, he faulted, a green balloon sitting in his hand. "Thank you miss," he said and swooped down to float in front of the trio, "how bemusing," he said throwing the green water-filled balloon at a second-year who was trying to sneak past but not breaking eye contact with Willow. "There's a third-year behind you, that you missed," Willow said smiling, still not breaking eye contact with Peeves, "thank you," he said throwing a purple water balloon at the third year. "Pleasure doing business with you," Willow said and strolled past peeves, soaking wet. "What's her name?" Peeves asked the twin, "Willow Black," George said and Fred nodded in confirmation, "thank you," he said and floated back up to the ceiling and started throwing water balloons again, "he missed us," Fred said, grinning at his twin. "Spoke too soon," George said as they were both hit with a water balloon each. They shivered and ran to catch up with Willow.

-

The words "Quidditch cup will not take place this year" echoed in Fred's head, as he started mouthing empty words at Dumbledore too appalled at this news to speak, as was his twin. "This is due to an event starting in October and continuing throughout the school year, taking up much of the teachers time and energy, but I am sure you will all enjoy it immensely, I have great pleasure in announcing that this year at Hogwarts-" Dumbledore got cut off as a thunderclap rolled and the doors banged open revealing a familiar man. "Is that?" Fred asked George, "aye," George said, "who is it?" Willow asked, Fred, shared a knowing look with his twin "Mad-Eye Moody," they said in unison and she smiled, she always smiled when they talked in unison.

"May I introduce our new defence against the dark arts teacher-" Dumbledore announced once Moody had shaken hands with Dumbledore after he had clunked up the hall towards the Teachers table, "Professor Moody". The Hall was deafeningly silent apart from Hagrid and Dumbledore's claps which stopped quite quickly. Dumbledore cleared his throat, "as I was saying, we are to have the honour of hosting a very exciting event over the next coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century" Dumbledore paused for dramatic effect. "It is my very great pleasure to inform, that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year", "YOUR JOKING," Fred said particularly loud and the tension in the hall broke. Nearly everyone was laughing, especially Willow who looked like she was having trouble breathing. "I am not joking Mr Weasley but I did hear a rather good one about a troll, a leprechaun and a-" Dumbledore chuckled but trailed off as McGonagall cleared her throat, "Er, perhaps another time," Dumbledore said glancing over his shoulder at Professor McGonagall.

The twins glared holes through Dumbledore as he said that only seventeen-year-olds and older could participate, how unfair, they were turning seventeen in April. Fred heard Willow giggled and turned towards her, "it isn't funny!" he hissed at her through gritted, "oh the contrary it's hilarious" Willow whispered back, smiling broadly. "Shut up," George said and poked his tongue out at her, she responded by poking out her tongue at him and Fred couldn't help but smile, despite his anger at the age restriction.

"They're not stopping me from entering," Fred said stubbornly as they got up to leave, "yeah, a hundred thousand galleons," Ron's said dreamily, "oh come on," Hermione said and dragged them all out. Fred and George immediately started to generate ideas on how they could fool Dumbledore and still enter. "Hey, where's Willow?" George said suddenly, he was right, Harry, Ron and Hermione were walking in front and Fred was walking in line with George but Willow was nowhere to be seen. "You guys are blind" Willow's taunt came from behind them, "there you are Squeak!" Fred said dropping back with George to walk along either side of her. "Wow! You found me!" she said sarcastically and yawned stretching her arms out in front of her, "why on earth are you so tired?" George asked, a laugh mingled with his voice, "I just am" she said yawning again mid-sentence, "we should get you to bed" Fred said and started to walk a little faster, "no, I can't walk that fast" Willow whined, and closed her eyes, "Sorry Willow you can't go to sleep in the middle of the hallway" he joked and she smiled at him, opening her eyes just enough so she could see where she was going.

____________________________________