Power #5 ~Light

The night was black and starless as you ran through the park with your little sister’s hand firmly in yours. She was panting already and you hadn’t even been running for that long.

“Come on, little one. We’re almost there.” You tried to encourage her, and you smiled a proud but saddened smile when she nodded with a fierce expression on her face and started moving her short legs again. You hated that you had to do this to her, but there was no other way or she’d get beaten again. Finally you reached the far eastern end of the park, where rocks shot up into the sky and created a maze of tunnels and caves; the perfect hiding spot and you knew them like the back of your hand. You turned around to listen, your eyes searching the dark park and upon hearing distant footsteps you quickly ushered your sister into the caves.

“I’m scared, ________. It’s so dark.” You heard your sister whisper; you sighed and concentrated your powers to surge through your veins and illuminate the palm of your hand. She stared at the soft white light in awe; just like she did every other time and you had to almost push her to move.

“Hurry; we need to reach the north cave before they come here.” You whispered and she turned immediately and walked in front of you as if she knew you were going to protect her. You just hoped that you wouldn’t have to disappoint her.

After another ten minutes of walking, crawling and climbing you finally reached the north cave. Your sister immediately sat down, her breathing hard and fast. You sat down next to her, slightly out of breath. Your sister immediately curled into you; you lifted her so she was sitting across your lap and you could feel her heart beating furiously in her chest.

“What if they find us?” She suddenly whispered.

“They won’t.” You promised. “Here let me distract you.” you whispered with a smile; she nodded furiously, knowing what would come next. You raised your hand and sent sparks of light out in direction of the ceiling, the rained back down and settled on the floor and the two of you, she giggled as one landed on her nose. Then you sent little balls of light to stick to the ceiling and walls and after a while it looked like there were diamonds set in the stone. She reached out to touch one and giggled when it only glowed brighter. You smiled and sent streaks of light swirling around her, touching her hair, lifting it up or lightly brushing her skin. She laughed in glee and you felt your heart swell at the sight; for one of the very rare times in her short life she was happy and enjoying herself.

“Wow.” You suddenly heard a male voice exclaim. You set your sister aside in a heartbeat and stood in front of her. You didn’t recognise the guy standing at the cave entrance.

“What do you want?” you hissed.

“Calm down. I don’t want anything; I just felt someone use powers and I followed the trail.” He muttered still captivated by the lights on the cave walls. Then he finally looked at you and you saw his eyes widen for a second before he smiled.

“Who are you?” He asked.

“Well, I’m—“

“No.” You cut your sister off. “First you have to tell us who you are—“, you turned to your sister who was looking at you with wide eyes. “He might be with them.” He laughed and you frowned at him.

“I’m Baekhyun and I came alone. I have no idea who they are but if I can help at all please tell me.” You studied his face; he seemed like a good guy and his face was sincere.

“Oh please help us!” Your sister had sprung in front of you. “Protect us from them, please!” He knelt down in front of her and reached to touch her but you growled a warning. He looked up at you surprised but didn’t touch her.

“Well who do you need protecting from? I’ll gladly help you, but I do need your names.” He smiled.

“I’m Li and this is my sister ________. She’s very protective and careful you know.” She leaned forward as if telling him a secret; you rolled your eyes as he laughed.

“I can see that. Well, let me help you. Firstly, I have to do this though.” He stood up and stepped towards you. You stood frozen as he came nearer; he lifted his hand and you felt a light ticklish touch on your temple. When you reached up there was a flower in your hair; a flower made from the most brilliant light you had ever seen.

“Oh look! He can do it too!” Your sister exclaimed excitedly and clapped her hands. You stared at him, not knowing what to do when you heard voices outside.

“They’re here.” You whispered and immediately took your sister’s hand and snapped your fingers; the lights vanished except for the one that was the flower in your hand. Its eerily white glow illuminated the cave and Baekhyun’s worried face in front of you.

“Who—“

“They’re my father’s men, coming to take us back to him.” You interrupted him.

“Help us; father was so angry… he’ll beat us again.” You saw her chin wobble and got down on your knees in front of her.

“Don’t cry little one. I won’t let that happen. I will keep you safe—somehow.” You looked up at Baekhyun pleadingly. He only nodded and quickly closed his eyes. A few seconds later anther guy stood next to him. You let out a startled cry and the second man looked down at you.

“Take them to our place. We have to keep them safe.” Baekhyun said the man. “This is Kai.” He turned to you. “His power is teleportation; he will get you out of here.” You nodded and quickly stood up. Kai took your hand and your sister’s and—you felt like you dissolved into dust and then got reassembled. When you opened your eyes, you were standing in front of ten other guys who were looking at you with shocked expression. Kai had disappeared only to reappear with Baekhyun seconds later.

“Guys, this is _____ and Li. We have to protect them.” Was all he said, then he made a gesture to you, as if to say Show them your powers, you scowled at him but did as you were told, sending a stream of light over their heads. They stared at you again and then laughed; standing up they enveloped the two of you in hugs. Your sister giggled happily and you sent Baekhyun a quick glance; he smiled reassuringly. You looked down at the flower in your hands and knew that you were alright.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This turned out longer than it was supposed to be~~ Anywhoo~ I hope you enjoyed it :)

Next up it's: Time Control

Show your L.O.V.   E. <3

Saranghaeyo readerlings! Kxx