My brave oppa ~Kai

Why today? You ask yourself as you slowly go towards the bathroom. You had a date planned with your boyfriend, who just so happens to be EXO’s Kai, so he didn’t have that many free days to go out with you and now? Now you were on your period. The cramps wrecked your lower body and you felt awful. You open your bathroom cupboard and look for your tampons. Oh shit. No tampons. No painkillers either. You curse yourself for forgetting to buy some more when your phone rings. You cringe. You pick up and hear Kai’s voice.

“Are you ready yet?”

“No.” you manage to say as another cramp dominates your lower abdomen.

“Jagi, what is it?”

“I, er,” you blush. “I got my period.” You can see Kai’s face turn red in your mind and he starts to stammer.

“Er- mh- Do you—like need anything?”

“I’m sorry Kai, but –urgh- would you be able to get me some tampons and painkillers? I’m so sorry, I just I don’t have any more and –argh- I have cramps and—“ You groan aloud in pain. You can hear a sharp intake of breath at the other end of the line.

“Sure, sure.” He mumbles. “Erm- I’ll see you later?” You only groan in answer and after he says one last hurried “Love you” he hangs up and you curl into a tight ball on the bed.

Kai’s POV

Kai felt his face drain of all colour as soon as he hung up.

“Hyung, are you ok?” He turned his head to see Sehun standing next to him.

“I- er- No?” Sehun only angled his head in question.

“Erm- It’s _____. It’s her—time of the month and er—she needs painkillers and-- tampons.” He pressed out after taking a deep breath. Sehun inhales sharply. And Kai can see his face flame up.

“Erm—you’ll have to get her some then, ne?”

“Yah, I know. Come with me?” Sehun looks at Kai wide-eyed and starts shaking his head, but then his friend pouts and he finds himself nodding. Kai gives him a half-hearted grin; he knows that his pout works every time.

Together they make their way to the nearest grocery store to buy tampons and painkillers.

Your POV

You hurry to the door as best as you can when it rings. You throw the door open wide and see Kai standing there with a plastic bag and a very red face. If you weren’t in so much pain you would’ve probably laughed at this sight, but you just gestured for him to come in while clutching your stomach. As soon as he’s inside and he takes a closer look at you, the red tint to his face disappears and he only looks at you worriedly.

“Go and – do your thing; I’ll make you some tea and get the painkillers out.” He walks towards the kitchen quickly while you take the bag and disappear into the bathroom for a bit.

When you come back out, the smell of tea wafts in your direction and you smile. You enter the kitchen to see Kai leaning against the counter, when he sees you he hurries forward and makes you take the painkiller before he envelopes you in a warm hug. The pain lessens and you melt into his embrace.

“You have no idea, jagi. What I went through.” You chuckle when he whispers in your ear. “I had to take Sehun with me for support.” You pull away and look at his face.

“Sehun? You told Sehun and he agreed to go and buy tampons for me?” Kai only nodded and buried his face in the nape of your neck.

“My brave oppa.” You grin when he groans in agreement.