Glitz and Glam ~Baekhyun

Standing in front of the big gold-framed mirror you checked your appearance one last time. Your hair was beautifully done in a fashionable up-do, layered in waves around your face, your makeup was immaculate. Your dress was new; it had only arrived the day before. It was of a golden-bronze colour with exotic patterns entwined in the fabric carefully. Beads and sequins ran like veins across the dress, causing it to glitter in the light of the crystal chandelier over your head. A band of pearls wrapped itself around your body just underneath your waist, making the material a bit tighter at the top and floating at the bottom. The dress fell around your feet and you smiled. If you were going to meet your fiancé for the first time, you would at least do it in style. You took your red stones and white pearl necklace and draped it around your neck; it fell below your waist and made a nice accessory.

“Darling, are you ready?” with one last look in the mirror you put your matching  shoes on and rushed down the stairs to the front door where your mother was already waiting for you.

“You look stunning, darling. Come quick now. We mustn’t be late.”

The big house was illuminated in colourful lights that painted the walls of the impressive façade. You smiled wide-eyed and giggled excitedly. Your mother scolded you and you sobered up, trying your best to stick to the image of a young, sophisticated woman. You just hoped that your fiancé wouldn’t be a bore. You followed your mother through the front door and up the massive staircase into a vast room filled with people. Decorations were draped on the walls, propped on the tables and hung from the ceiling. You marvelled and stared wide-eyed; you had been at parties before but not one that was fancy to this extent. Your mother tugged your arm slightly and you whipped your head around and started following her. She led you out of the big room and down a wide, candle lit corridor; the night outside of the big windows was starless and black, no not black, dark blue. It was a beautiful colour. You followed your mother into one of the rooms and nearly choked. Next to what had to be the most elegant couple you had ever seen, stood one of the most handsome men you had ever seen. He looked up when he heard you enter and his eyes immediately locked with yours. You couldn’t tear your gaze away from his dark eyes; his handsome features seemed inhuman until he smiled. He stepped towards you and his whole face was illuminated by a smile. You couldn’t help but smile back at him. He took your hand and bowed over it, lightly kissing your knuckles.

“I am Baekhyun. I believe you are Mariela?” You nodded and smiled again.

“A beautiful name, just too fitting for a beautiful woman like you.” he whispered so only you could hear; you blushed crimson. A loud man’s laughter filled the little room almost deafening you.

“Son, come on. You only just met her; you don’t have to make her blush just yet.” The man laughed. You turned your eyes towards him and you could see the similarities between Baekhyun and his father. Smiling you stepped forwards and greeted him and his wife.

A few minutes later you walked back into the big room on Baekhyun’s arm. You looked up at him and found him looking at you which made you smile and blush slightly. Suddenly he bent down.

“You know, I was afraid to meet you today.” he whispered, you looked at him in question. “Well, I can see that you are a nice girl now, but how was I supposed to know that you weren’t one of those rich, stuck up, arrogant girls who complain about everyone and everything. I only had a picture of you and you were so beautiful that I was afraid that the character would ruin the picture.” You chuckled.

“Oh Baekhyun, you needn’t be afraid. I can assure you that I am nothing like that.” You smiled up at him and he returned your smile immediately. Just then his father stepped up and had the whole crowd shushing.

“I have called you all here for an announcement.” His voice swept through the room like a wave crashed on the beach; immediately people started whispering and moving restlessly. “This announcement makes me both happy and proud, for my son Baekhyun will be marrying the lovely Mariela whom we all know as the famous Captain’s daughter.” His words had the effect of a tsunami this time. People cheered and talked and whispered and shouted and moved and stared—oh the stares were awful. Some of the young women glared at you as if you were Satan himself and you felt yourself step closer to Baekhyun, who promptly slung his arm around you and led you up to where his father was standing. You could hear the tingling sounds your dress made when you moved and smiled secretly. Baekhyun led you up to his father’s side and stood there with his head held high; standing next to them you held your head high and your back straight, wanting to make your mother proud and when you caught her eye you saw a little tear escape her eye like the most brilliant pearl. You felt Baekhyun tighten his arm around you waist and looked up at him. He was smiling down at you and you felt a strange feeling of contentment run through your body.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it Mariela! :) Dress on the side :D I found it and loved it, and it kind of inspired this whole thing~~hehe

Show your L.O.V. E. <3

Saranghaeyo readerlings! Kxx