Chapter 44

Chapter 44

A couple of days passed and Liam was fit enough to walk and train again. The box was still not opening and the stress was back again. The government were sending threatening letters, but they wouldn't find them. The only person who knew where they were was George, but he was dead. Drew was still in the house and he decided to stay with Roan for a while. He sent Sam a telepathic message saying he was staying with Roan for a few weeks until things were completely back to normal.

Roan and Drew spent a lot of time together catching up and he told her everything he had done in the passed few months. Roan and Liam were all loved up again, but they never had long together. There was no time to go out on dates as time was running out for them fast.

Darren was not acting himself either, he was hiding something and Hazel seemed to be the only one noticing this. One afternoon she heard Darren speaking on the phone in Lewis's office. He was completely alone, or so he thought. She used her special hearing to listen in from behind the closed door.

"Yes I know what I said...look they trust me...I don't want this either...look I know peace isn't an option...he thinks he found the fourth, but the others don't agree that it's her...no she's worthy...Liam thinks its Roan Wilson...she was born...look I can change his mind about the peace...bye." He then put the phone down and Hazel stood with her arms crossed. He opened the door and stepped back in surprise.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" He asked. She said nothing. "How much of that did you hear?" He asked.

"All of it." She answered.

"Don't tell on me." He said.

"I wont. But I want in." She said.

"What?"

"Look Liam is drooling over Roan again, he wont notice us planning."

"But that's thing Hazel. I have to get rid of her somehow." He said.

"We have to find something to frame her for then." Hazel said.

"I like your thinking."

What they both didn't know was that Drew had been listening the entire time from behind his bedroom door. He didn't want to walk out on them talking as he thought they sounded a little...suspicious. He had been listening through his wall into Darren's phone conversation and only heard some of it, but he had heard about Roan. Everything about her. He had to tell Roan, but he wasn't sure if she would believe him. When the coast was clear he ran down to the living room where Roan and Liam were sat talking. He knocked and they both looked round.

"Roan I need to speak to you." He said.

"Go ahead." She said.

"No...I need to speak to you." He said.

"Oh I see." Roan said.

"I'll get out of your way." Liam said.

"Thanks." Drew said and Liam left them alone.

"What's up?" Roan asked. He then explained what he had heard and Roan bit her lip.

"He wont find anything. I have nothing to hide." She said.

"Well let's hope so. Hazel is on it too." He said.

"She knows I'm not on her side anymore, that's why." Roan explained.

"There's something else I think you should know Roan." Drew said. She raised her eyebrows.

"Did you know that Liam thinks he knows who the fourth is?"