Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Look Faye, I will talk it through later, I'm going home for lunch." Roan said. Faye nodded.

"Ok, but hurry back, I don't get it at all." She said.

"Don't get what?" Liam asked as he and Tom came round. Tom went quiet and looked down away from Faye. Roan rolled her eyes and smiled. She didn't know how Faye didn't notice his crush on her, but it is always harder to notice it when the crush is on you.

"English stuff." Faye explained. "Right anyway I'll see you later, I need to nip home too." She then disappeared out of the front doors.

"Same I'm going to go with her." Will said.

"Wow you brave boy!" Liam sniggered. Tom nudged him.

"Good luck." Roan winked and they watched him chase after Faye.

"out of all the people you could've made friends with and you chose Faye." Liam said.

"What's wrong with Faye?"

"Will fancies her big style."

"Tell me something half of 6th form doesn't know." Roan looked at him. Liam knew how obvious it was, but he didn't want to say anything. They glanced around, Liam then took Roan's hand and clicked.

They landed in the hall as always and Roan dropped Liam's hand. She went into the dining room and dumped her bag on the sofa. She then sat down next to it. Liam did the same opposite her and they sat in silence until Harold came in with lunch.

"It's ready." He said. They both got up and sat at the table. Hazel and Jake came running through the door as they had also suddenly just got back. They all sat down and tucked in hungrily. Lewis and Darren joined them for a change and Lewis had some news.

"Ok, the Poison Game is this evening and we are, for once, hosting it here! I will be picking a victim for the games and other packs will be doing the same. There will be ten contestants as always. I will be spending this afternoon finding someone. You are not to interfere or I will be putting your closest friends on the menu." Lewis threatened. Roan looked at Liam in confusion. Liam shook his head discreetly. Roan took the message and just ate in silence, wondering what on earth was going on.

Once everyone was finished, Liam and Roan went back out into the hall.

"I'll explain at school." He promised. She nodded and took his hand. Once they were back in school, they let go awkwardly and laughed nervously. It was one o'clock exactly so it was once again safe to step outside. They both went across the playground and into the 6th form area. They sat down and Liam began to speak.

"Ok the poison games is a game the...most powerful packs play. Each pack picks a victim and the victim has to sit opposite an opponent and at the start a coin is tossed. Heads or tails. Two cups are in front and one had poison in and the other doesn't. The winner of the coin toss gets to pick which cup they want first. One person dies in every round and the last person standing is then the winner." Liam explained.

"That's awful." Roan said.

"The worst thing is that you can't smell the poison unless you have the 6th sense in other words..."

"The double devour. I know." She said. "I wonder who your dad will pick."

"Me too." Liam admitted. Just as he said that Will and Faye came back. They had been speaking and Tom was beaming. Roan bit her tongue to stop herself giggling and Faye sat next to her. She got out her folder and Roan started talking through the work once again and Tom and Liam disappeared off as per usual and the girls kept working. The bell then went and they had to go to last lesson.