Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Roan woke up very early the next morning. She hadn't slept very well for most of the night, but she wasn't tired at all. She had felt wide awake ever since she had touched that mask. She slipped on some slippers and went out into the living room. She went over to the little box on the table and opened it and sat the mask on her lap. She just looked at it and then put it over her face. She then stood up and looked in the mirror above the chest of drawers by the book shelf. She looked quite good in it to be fair. She pulled bits of hair over the invisible string to make it look as if it was stuck on her face with glue. It was quite realistic and Roan liked it. She took it off again and curled up on the sofa for a minute as she slowly put it back in. She placed it back on the table and went back to her room. She quickly threw on some combats and a vest top then rummaged around for her laced up running boots. She made herself look presentable and brushed her teeth. She then quietly slipped out. She wasn't in the mood for breakfast, too twitchy and nervous. She went into the small training room opposite her aunts office and went to the small weapons cupboard. She had a quick look inside and found what she was looking for. It was a collapsible sword. It was very peculiar and strange, but brilliant in design. It came in a pouch the size for a dagger and the handle stuck out at the top. As you pull out the sword it cleverly unfolds itself to make a normal strong and sturdy sword. It was a bit like Mary Poppins! She then decided to do a little bit of practise and to get rid of the adrenaline she had managed to build up. After an hour she was hot and sweaty and hungry. She put the sword away and went straight back up. Stella was cooking bacon when Roan came in and Drew was sat at the table.

"Where've you been?" Stella asked. "You look...erm...hot." She said.

"Practising. Couldn't sleep." Roan answered sitting down opposite Drew.

"Bet you couldn't." Drew said as Stella put plates of hot bacon butties in front of them. Roan licked her lips and dug in. It was gone within minutes and she was up again.

"Oh Roan before you go anywhere, this came for you." Stella tapped something on the counter over in the kitchen. She went over to it and opened the white envelope. It was her drivers test results. She opened it up quickly and smiled.

"I've passed!" Roan squealed.

"Well done love!" Stella hugged her niece and Drew also came over to congratulate her.

"We will get your parents car when we go back for the full moon on Wednesday night." Stella said. Roan nodded and went to put the envelope somewhere safe. When she opened her curtains she looked out of the window as vans started coming up the drive. Hunter's were arriving. Drew and Stella hurriedly got dressed and they leapt downstairs two at a time, to see the first ones in.

As more and more began to arrive they all split off to their normal classes, except Roan who was in a small training room by herself. Stella with her.

"Ok Roan, I can't teach you for these next few weeks, so I've hired someone to do it for me. It's your uncle, or your dad's and my brother, Tony. He is also a hunter and knows what you are and what you can be capable of. You'll like him." She said. She then left the room and began talking to someone outside of the door. Roan patiently waited until a tall man that looked much like her father, with the same blue eyes and button nose. He looked older then her dad and was slightly taller, but even then he was short for a man. He looked down on her.

"Well little niece there is one thing you should know about me. I am strict, but fair. I expect high standard training and I don't like whining, complaining or moaning. So keep that to a minimum. Try to listen to everything I have to say and we will get along fine." He said.

"Great, I have a grumpy twit as a tutor. Brilliant." She muttered. Tony didn't appear to have heard so Roan got on with what he had to say. First of all, he wanted her to be able to shout and attract attention. Roan found this bizarre, but didn't argue. He stacked up about seven chairs and used sets of other chairs to clamber onto it.