Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Roan was into school early the next morning so Heather and Bill got a good talk with Liam about everything they could. They would have lots of time to talk because Liam was only in this morning whereas Roan was away all day. They had a quick ten minute conversation before Liam took off. They trusted Liam not to tell his father anything about what they were doing and they told him what was bothering them.

"People are starting to go missing and you never know when you are going to be next. Everyone that attends the moon meeting aren't allowed to miss one unless its urgent. People keep disappearing and haven't been seen for months and months now. The Taylor's haven't been seen in six months and we fear the worst. The Breathing Spirits in charge do not want our sort ruining it all. However, there is a reason that humans don't know we exist and it is because we don't want to get wiped out." Bill told him.

"Well you are changing their society, not that I blame you. I just wish my dad would see like you guys, I would do anything to have parents like you." He said.

"I'm sure we would be a pain to you as we are Roan. Like we haven't told her things that she has a right to know. But then again, you have a big secret and you haven't told her. You're the third member of the Four, for pities sake." Heather said. Liam looked down.

"I didn't choose to be." He said looking down. Heather took pity on him and put her hand on his shoulder.

"I know it must be hard." She said comfortingly.

"You have no idea." Liam answered sighing.

Bill smiled weakly and carried on reading his newspaper as Liam started asking about their family history. Heather started with her story first of how she was born into Breathing Spirit life and she was brought up being tame. Bill on the other hand was a victim of a Breathing Spirit.

"I was a hunter along with my family, but that all changed when I had my soul devoured out of me. I was destined to be different and meeting Heather was only the beginning. I am a symbolic animal which helped me get my way a lot more then if I was something like a ferret." Bill explained.

Liam realised he was learning a lot from Roan and her family. He knew they could help him out, but he still didn't want to tell her. She was different and he admired her for it, so it wasn't that he didn't trust her, it was what her reaction would be when she found out.

Roan was going to be with Aimee all day with her art project. She was nervous for tonight and was really desperate to win. A lot of schools would be coming and to win out of all them would be a dream come true, to be honest coming in the top five would be. There was still a bit to be done on the painting and colour side of things, but it was looking pretty good. Their project had been on friends and they had done a very large canvas painting and had all sorts of photo's around it. Mrs Rose was very pleased with it as she always was with Roan and Aimee and she was secretly hoping they would win as they would both deserve it. Robin came in to see how they were doing and Liam tagged along just before break. They admired the painting of Roan and Aimee together and the background was looking amazing, with all sorts of patterns and symbols, it was fantastic.

At break Aimee had to go find her English teacher and Robin said he would catch both Liam and Roan up. They took this time to have a bit of a conversation about Breathing Spirit stuff.

"So tomorrow evening is when we will go down to the sanctuary and..." she then trailed off and sniffed around.

"What sanctuary?" He asked and then he looked at her. "Roan!" He hissed and she snapped out of her trance, they were right in the middle of the busy school playground.