Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Jake sauntered into the training room and stood by the door as he watched Hazel swing her arms around and blue lights flashed from her fingertips. She made a couple of things fly around the room and the floor was vibrating under their feet. Jake looked at the box, willing it to open for her, but it did nothing. She let go and relaxed and what was in the air crashed to the floor. Jake winced as a glass bowl smashed into tiny pieces.

"This is hopeless! This box is not going to open!" She yelled pulling off her jacket. She swept her hair into a long pony tail on top of her head.

"you almost did Hazel as well." Jake said.

"Yeah you were close..." Darren added.

"Oh thanks guys." Hazel said smiling. "For thinking I'm stupid. It didn't even light up." She said barging passed Jake and running upstairs. Jake shrugged and Darren sighed.

"She needs more self confidence. You all do." Darren said rubbing his eyes.

"I know. Look just get some training into me and then I'm off." Jake took off his own jacket and stood in front of the box.

"Ok Jake. I want to do more focus work with you today." Darren said.

"What?" Jake asked.

"Focus work, out of all three of you, you lack it the most."

"Jee thanks." Darren just smiled and placed a silver knife on the floor.

"Now without stabbing me, use your mind to pick it up and strike it at the target board." Darren commanded.

"What target board?" Jake asked looking around. Darren was suddenly moving round the room at the speed of light. Within two seconds a target board was up on the bare wall. "Oh, that target board." He said with awe.

"Concentrate Jake."

"I will." He sighed. He blinked a couple of times and cleared his head as he had always been taught. He stared at the knife and willed it to levitate. It did as it was told and he rose it to his eye level.

"Great work Jake, now fire it." Darren said quietly. Jake moved the knife until it looked about centre of the board and he narrowed his eyes and the knife shot forward.

"Bulls eye!" Jake shouted as Darren nodded impressed that it had hit dead centre. "That was only the first part, there's more to come."

Jake groaned, but listened to what Darren had to say.

Lewis sat in his office reading a newspaper. It was going on nine o'clock and Jake would be leaving in ten minutes. He had done at least and hour and a half of training, which suited Lewis fine. As he sat quietly in his own world, there was a sharp knock on the door.

"What?" He snapped as Hazel strolled in. She looked as beautiful as ever with her little red dress and black denim jacket, then her fabulous long boots, high heeled of course. He hair was washed and in it's natural style of loose curls. Lewis loved the way his daughter looked he just wished she wasn't his daughter. They did not have a good relationship at all to be honest.

"What do you want?" He asked.

"To go out with my friends tomorrow night." She said.

"no."

"Why?" She whined.

"Because you have training to do."

Hazel sighed and suddenly had an idea. She raised and eyebrow as she began wondering the room.

"What do you think of Roan?" She asked.

"A pain. She's getting in the way."

"You could stop all that you know." She hinted.