Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A few days had passed since Roan had watched all the nine victims die right in front of her eyes. She had felt weak for the first couple of days and she stayed off school for while, just sitting and feeling lost. She had finally pulled herself together and was just glad it was now Friday. She was sat on one of the sofa's doing a bit of English work when she looked up suddenly. Darren had come in and placed something on the table. She pretended not to see him and he was gone just as quick as he arrived. She put down her stuff and went over to the table. There sat a little piece of paper. She didn't pick it up, just looked at it. It was a note from someone in very tiny writing. She took out her phone and took a quick photo of it, before quickly sitting back down with her work again. Lewis came in just as she was writing again, but this time he had come through the door. She looked at him in surprise and he smiled innocently as he picked up the paper and went up the back stairs to outside his office. Roan took out the photo of the paper and looked at the words. She could just about make it out. It read: He is still distracted, but going to get it out of him finally. Just loosening him up.

Roan read it a couple of times and didn't really understand it, so she just put it away and forgot about it.

After half an hour or so she jumped as she heard a door slam from across the hall. "This is hopeless!" Shouted Liam. "I don't want to do this anymore!"

"Liam!" Darren shouted. Roan heard a sigh and he came strolling in.

"What happened?" Roan asked half heartedly.

"He gave up, because he couldn't do it. Something is distracting him and I wish he would sort it out."

Roan nodded and looked back at her work. She decided to finish it in her room and got up heading to the door.

"If your going upstairs, will you take these files and papers to Lewis please?" He asked politely. She rolled her eyes and nodded, taking them from Darren putting them in a good position. She then went to the door and walked straight into the hall. She went up the stairs onto the landing and went across towards Lewis's office. As she passed Liam's room, he hurriedly ran out and crashed into her. The files went everywhere and bits of paper flew around.

"Oh Roan, I'm so sorry!" He bit his lip bending down to help her pick up all the papers.

"It's fine!" She said as she brought the papers back together. She just hoped it didn't mess anything up. It hadn't seemed to and Liam did a check enchantment on it as well and seemed to be all right.

"Sorry." He said again.

"It's fine honestly."

"Where are you going with that anyway?" He asked.

"Your dad's office, Darren asked if I would take them to him."

Liam rolled his eyes. Roan went passed him and drew closer to the door.

"Roan!" He called up the landing. She turned and faced him. "Would you... fancy going out tonight? It doesn't have to be...you know...a date, but..."

Roan let a small smile creep onto her lips.

"Are you asking me out?" She asked.

"N...well...maybe...yes." He answered. She smiled and turned to face him fully.

"I thought you'd never ask!" She winked. "I'll meet you outside at eight." She said turning back around and heading to the office. He mouthed a 'yes' and did a little victory dance. He then went back into his room having completely forgotten what he wanted to do. Roan separated her English work out of the pile and knocked on the office door, still beaming.