Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A few weeks had passed and Roan was still learning from the slayers. From today onwards she would be taking a driving test, which she was to pass in under two months. This was proving a challenge for Roan.

She was also getting frustrated because she couldn't start practising her powers with everyone around, but luckily it was full moon tonight and she would be using the basement to transform in. The bad thing was she was all on her own, but right now she valued her time alone and she would be ok.

She ran downstairs to find her driving instructor sitting in a black car waiting for her. She sighed and climbed into the drivers seat. 'This will be a piece of cake' she thought to herself. Stella said goodbye to her and watched her slowly begin her test. She then went inside to her office to finish a couple of reports, seeing as it was Sunday morning and a free day.

She was sat marking papers when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." She called and in stepped Drew looking quite flustered.

"What's wrong Drew, you look like you've run a marathon!" Stella cried.

"I need to keep my fitness up so I had a run. Anyway I wanted to talk to you about something that crossed my mind when I was running."

Stella sat back in her chair ready to listen.

"It's about Roan. She has been doing so well and is brilliant at everything she has been doing, right?"

"Right."

"Well don't we owe it to her to get someone in to teach her some proper Breathing Spirit Powers? She needs to learn how to use them properly!"

Stella sighed and looked her son.

"Yes dear, she has been doing very well and is exceeding. Yes maybe we do owe it to her, but we can't give her that, not if she wants our plan to work. She will use this to her advantage because they will show her what she needs to do and she can get a proper good look."

"OK." Drew got up and went to the door.

"I still think she should learn something. It's killing her being trapped with us and I feel sorry for her." Drew said. "I bet she can't wait for the next full moon."

"I know, I know. Look Drew I know it's a Sunday, but we need to do some protecting of humans. There will be no recruiting or devouring tonight!" Stella spoke proudly. Drew rolled his eyes and left his mum to her work.

A couple of hours later Roan had finished her Driving lessons for that day and went into the training room to practise her small knife throwing. The blades were literally the width of her forefinger to her thumb, so they spun fast. She was unbelievably good at it and she wanted to try it blindfolded and see if it would work. She grabbed a black blindfold and picked three knives. She got the wooden targets to move around the room slowly at first. She turned in a full circle and suddenly threw one knife. It hit something with a bang and she turned throwing another and then her last. Quickly, she ripped off the blindfold and smiled as every two knifes had hit the red circle and the last had hit gold. She was very pleased with herself and she heard clapping from behind her as Will came in.

"Well done, you're more skilful then you look." He said applauding.

"Thanks, I think." She said. Will just laughed and came towards her.

"Why are you even here Roan though, you don't want to be." He said.

"Take my word for it Will, I have no choice." She answered pulling out all the knives and putting them away.