Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Roan thought the morning would never come! Aimee and Robin had turned up at about eleven to go shopping for outfits! Roan had slipped on some jeans and a checked shirt to go out in. She quickly tied up her hair and quickly applied some make-up. She pulled on her converse and hurriedly ate some toast. Drew was just as bad and next thing Stella knew they were out of the door.

"Wait!" Stella called. Both of them came back and looked at her as if she had just made them lose an important train. "Don't look at me like that, if you don't want thirty pounds each to help buy outfits." She said. Drew and Roan smiled at each other and ran to Stella. They each took the money, thanked Stella and were out of the door in seconds. Robin and Aimee were waiting in the hallway looking quite normal, if slightly rushed. Robin's hair was slightly askew and Aimee hadn't got any socks on with her pumps. They all laughed at one another before heading out to Drew's car. They all climbed in, with Aimee and Robin in the back and Roan in the front. When they were all buckled in Drew set off.

"It's nice to have a weekend off." Aimee sighed.

"Tell me about it, at least the pair of you are only in sometimes after school and weekends. We're there twenty- four- seven!" Drew complained. Aimee and Robin just smiled smugly as they watched trees and fields go by as they headed into the nearest town.

It took them half an hour to get there as the traffic was quite bad and they went through Drew swearing at a lot of cars and Roan cheating traffic lights. When they eventually parked and got into the centre they sighed at the amount of people there. It was packed, but they needed outfits. They made their way through the crowd. They decided that they would split up for a couple of hours to boys and girls and meet at Greggs for lunch. They all agreed and went off shopping. Roan and Aimee went straight into their favourite shop 'Blue Sky' and searched for dresses.

"You know, I am going to be really naughty and where tights with a fairly casual dress." Roan said. Aimee tutted at her. "You know I'm not really one for skirts and dresses Aimee, so you can't blame me really."

"I don't, but I don't want a lecture from Stella, so I'm gonna play it safe." Aimee said.

"Don't blame you." Roan said. Aimee just smirked and then saw something she really liked. Roan mouthed 'wow' at the dress in front of her. It was white with a floral pattern, it had one sleeve and came down to just above the knee. It was quite a tight fit dress, but was very Aimee. She was beaming as she picked it up and pressed it to her. Roan nodded and they both went round the shop, picking up dresses they liked. They then went to the dressing room and tried everything on. After all the trying on Aimee was deciding between the floral dress and a black long one. Roan didn't like any that she tried on. The best was a red one, which was more a top. It fastened round the neck and was just bright red. Aimee eventually went for the floral dress and paid for it. They then left the shop to find somewhere else. In the fourth shop they went in, Roan finally found what she was looking for. She went into the dressing room with this one dress and tried it on. Aimee was waiting outside on one of the sofa's hoping it looked great. A few minutes passed and Roan's curtain was drawn open and she stepped out. The dress was white with little birds dotted all over it. Each bird was gold, red and navy blue. Roan had also picked up a casual black blazer and she had put it over the top. It was perfect on her.

"It's...amazing...you look...amazing." Aimee was quite gobsmacked about it.

"Thanks Aimee." Roan said disappearing back in the dressing room. They went back into the shop and before Roan got to the tills, Aimee had found a pair of pink high heels which matched her dress perfectly. She tried them on and could walk in them, so she joined Roan at the check out. Once they had paid they realised they didn't have to meet the boys for another half an hour, so Roan asked Aimee if they could go to a hairdressers.