Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Liam waited a couple of minutes before leaving the house to go after her. Roan was only walking, so Liam had to stay quiet and hidden from her. She came into the village and walked straight through to the entrance of the wood. She climbed over the old wooden fence and headed straight into the looming trees. Liam was following her scent like a predator hunting his prey. His senses were picking up as he grew closer to nature and he just followed her every move. Then he realised something, she had started to sprint. It was one way to blow off steam and it didn't matter what animal you were. Getting tired wasn't a problem. Taking a deep breath, he chased after her. She didn't know he was there, but she could sense the presence of another. Without warning, Liam leapt on top of her and they began rolling and laughing down the hill. Somehow she knew someone was following her and something was telling her it was Liam.

"Don't bother, I know my parents sent you." She said as he pinned her down on the leaf covered ground. Liam grinned at her and she thought she might melt.

"You should cut them a bit of slack you know Roan, they do what they think is best for you." He said rolling off her and also lay on his back. The moment then suddenly disappeared for Roan.

"Why, I'm almost seventeen and they still treat me like I'm six." She said. Liam didn't say anything and walked with her. They stayed in silence until Liam broke it three minutes later.

"Why is this wood so special to you?" He asked.

"Well it's nature and it makes me feel calm, but our sanctuary is here." She replied.

"Sanctuary?"

"Yes, it's a place where we will transform on full moons, if I would ever transform that is."

"You will eventually, when you are close to it happening, your focus and concentration will start to lack and you will do weird things. You may find you want to start transforming in the middle of a normal afternoon." He said. Roan nodded and stuffed her hands into her pocket. Her transformation must be on its way, all these things she had done like the fireworks and blowing up the smart board could only mean she was going to go through it. She suddenly felt nervous about it, because if what he said was true, her secret could get out and there would be a lot of screaming kids running through the corridors. The thought made her shiver.

The next morning Liam and Roan both headed to school, Liam was going to be a fake transfer from his old school to this one as he was staying with the Wilson's as they were very close friends. Well this might not all be true, but they were believed. Liam was slightly worried about his first day, because he didn't want anything bad to happen. He had been liked at his old school and he wanted to be liked here. Roan took him across the playground and straight into the 6th form block. No one blinked an eye at him so he guessed he was all right. Roan was heading over to a boy sat on one of the sofas, so all he could do was follow.

"Robin this Liam. He is staying with me and my parents for a while." She said.

"Hi." Robin greeted.

"Hey." Liam replied.

"You will get along fine I'm sure." Roan winked. She was right, to her relief, as Robin seemed to take an instant liking to Liam. She then took Liam to reception to get him sorted out with the lessons he was taking and then quickly walked to art. She was doing a big project with Aimee and they needed to finish within the next two days. They had drawn out what they were creating and were now just applying the colour. The competition with other schools was tomorrow and it was being held in the school hall. It was going to be packed with kids from different High Schools and was going to be chaotic. She was going to try and drag Liam and Robin along seeing as neither of them were doing it and it would be nice to have some friends there to support them both. They spent the next couple of hours on it and would be doing it again after school, but right now they want to go to break and relax. Robin and Liam had been in the same lessons that morning and were getting along nicely. Liam smiled when he saw Roan and Aimee nudged her as they came towards him.