Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Roan had woken up and was lying on something thin and unstable. When she rubbed her eyes and gathered where she was, she found herself in a tree. She gasped and it was enough to make her fall from her branch. She landed on the floor with a crash and she saw stars of black and white. When the dizzy feeling had gone, she sat up. She suddenly felt really sick and her head was splitting. She groaned and stood up. She tried to think about what had happened last night and then she remembered. It all came back to her. Then she realised something else.

"Hazel?" Roan called. "Hazel?" There was no reply so Roan shut her eyes and made a message in her head.

"Hazel, where are you?" She asked sending it out through telepathy.

"I don't know." Hazel's voice came back almost instantly. "I seem to be on a roof of some sort of house." She said. Roan bit her lip. She could be miles away by now.

"Look lets just go home Hazel. I'm tired and my head hurts." She said.

"Agreed. Meet you there." Hazel then shut off completely making Roan's head tingle. Roan clicked her fingers and appeared in the hall. Hazel appeared just after her and she looked at Roan.

"What happened to your head?" She asked Roan.

"What do you mean?"

Hazel took Roan over to a mirror on the wall and Roan had a lovely bruise forming on her head.

"Don't know." Roan said. She couldn't be bothered doing anything about it, so she just left it. It wasn't very big, but it wasn't helping with her headache.

Roan went upstairs and took a nice hot shower. The water rolled down her skin making her feel refreshed. The steam opened up her pores and she felt like she could breathe. She washed her hair thoroughly and got out. She dried herself and pulled on some clean clothes. She towel-dried her hair before leaving to go to her room. She bumped in Darren on the way out.

"You're back then? What happened to your head?" He asked.

"I don't even know. I have a lump on the back of my head from falling out of a tree, but I don't know about this one." She said pointing to the bruise.

"Why don't you...?"

"No I'm sick of that stuff. It stinks and I have used it non stop. This one can heal itself." She said.

"Ok. By the way Liam and Jake have something to tell you."

"It's not about sword fighting is it? Because I'm not helping them now." Roan said.

"No, heck, no! No it's about family." He said.

"Why do they need me then?"

"Just go." Darren said going into his own room. She pulled a face and quickly put some make-up on and went downstairs. She still had wet hair, but at least it was short and wasn't dripping down her back as much. She went into the living room and Hazel also appeared, unhappily. She still needed a shower, but she wanted the news first.

"Look, Ivy is coming to stay with us for a while."

"You don't mean...?" Hazel began. Jake nodded. Hazel shook her head not wanting to hear anymore and fled from the room in a strop. They all heard her race up the stairs and stamp along the corridor.

"Who's Ivy?" Roan asked.

"Our cousin and she's a right pain." Liam answered.

"She's definitely related to you then." Roan said going to the door.