Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Both Liam and Roan got to miss the last day of school before a week off for half term. They had spent most of their day sleeping and came down only for food. Three days later they were back to normal and Liam was training again. Hazel had just come home from her search of the fourth and it was Jake's the next weekend. Liam had given up with searching seeing as he couldn't go on his own from what happened a few months back. He forfeited by doing more training, but he didn't really care.

"Liam please concentrate." Darren said.

"I'm tired and really can't be bothered." He complained.

"Or is it because you want to spend time with Roan?" He asked.

"Don't start." Liam grumbled.

"She is distracting you Liam and I don't like it. She is just a girl." He said.

"Well she isn't just a girl to me! Just leave her alone." Liam growled. Darren took a step back and sighed, when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." Darren shouted and Harold opened the door.

"A letter for you Liam." He said from the doorway. Liam beckoned him over and he took the white envelope from the butler's hands. He tore it open and read it, not showing anyone. He looked up. "Thanks Harold." He said. The butler nodded and left the room.

"What's that about?" Darren asked nodding at the letter.

"Oh nothing really. Let's just get on with this." He said. Darren let it pass and carried on working Liam, who still wasn't really focusing. His mind was on that letter. He would have to reply, it was urgent and he knew it.

Roan sat in the living room with Jake, they were just talking and watching movies on his laptop when Hazel came in. She had got cut from her search and she had been chased by Hunters. The cut was along her forehead and she was using the same cream that healed Jake's hand. It was better then yesterday, but it had gone quite deep and the dried silver scab looked lumpy on her smooth skin. She wasn't wearing heels for once and Roan and Jake teased her about it.

"Gosh never knew you were so small." Roan said. Hazel pulled a face at her and Roan stifled back a giggle.

"No heels, man you're so much quieter without them." Jake added.

"I just didn't feel like them today ok? No need to have a go at me." She said.

"We are only teasing Hazel, get a grip." Jake said. She then got up and stormed back out again, she knew when she wasn't wanted. "Ignore her, she doesn't know the difference between a cat and a mouse, let alone a joke and reality." He said. Roan nodded and they went into silence again, eyes back on the screen.

Hazel knocked on the door of the training room and she heard Darren shout so she came in.

"Can I be trained now?" She asked.

"Well..." Darren began.

"Yes!" Liam then ran out before Darren could say anything. The tutor sighed and let Hazel come in.

Liam ran straight upstairs and went into his room and began straight on the reply to that letter. He wrote and rewrote it five times before it was ready. He then went into the living room and went to the fireplace. Roan and Jake watched it disappear up there and then asked him what it was.

"It doesn't matter." Was his only reply. He then raced out of the room again. Both Jake and Roan shrugged and just kept watching the film.

Liam legged it up the stairs and came to his dads office. He had been planning this talk with his dad for a while. He needed to speak now.