Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Roan came into the living room a few hours later looking for Harold, her chest of drawers had got stuck again. When she went in she found Ivy and Liam talking to each other. Roan turned to go back out again, but she had been seen.

"Roan! Come sit down." Ivy said pointing the sofa opposite. Roan sighed and went and sat down. "So, how do you two know each other."

"I saved his butt." Roan said. "And he obviously wasn't grateful for what I gave him." Roan said.

"I'm sensing some issues." Ivy said.

"Well..." Liam began.

"You could say that." Roan interrupted.

"That would explain the tension."

"I've lost count on how many times I've tried to apologise." Liam said.

"I don't want your apology!" Roan snapped.

"Then what do you want?" Liam shouted standing up. His eyes flashed red and Roan jumped back. She felt her cheeks go hot as her anger bubbled up.

"I want..." She said in her normal voice.

"Go on tell me, because I don't think I can go another day with out you looking at me as if I'm a pile of dirt. This has been complete hell Roan! I didn't mean to get your parents taken from you, in fact I would have done anything to stay with them and you! WILL YOU JUST TELL ME!" He said.

"I WANT MY PARENTS BACK AND ALIVE!" Roan yelled. Her eyes flashed green and she snarled at Liam. "You are useless and pathetic Liam. I don't know what on earth I saw in you. You think I'm a little princess, well take a look in the mirror. You're the snobbiest prince I have ever met. Arrogant and ignorant." She said.

"Go on there's something else you want to say isn't there." Ivy said. "I can see it ticking in your head."

"Stay out of this Ivy." Liam said. "It's not your fight."

"It can be if she wants. Waltzing in here expecting everyone to fall at her feet." Roan said. Ivy looked insulted and looked at the ground. By now Hazel and Jake had come to see what was going on. Liam had also shut up.

"I'm done here." Roan said marching out.

"Roan I will get your parents back." He said. She turned and looked at him. She tilted back her head and laughed.

"Oh yeah. How?"

"They aren't dead." Darren said coming in.

"And you didn't think to tell me this before?" Roan asked.

"It was so you wouldn't do anything stupid." Darren said.

"We will get them out, all of them."

"What do you mean all of them?"

"Everyone that was taken from the Moon Meeting team." Liam said. Roan crossed her hands over her chest.

"Ok get them out alive and I will forgive you. But I'm coming too."

"Roan it'll be dangerous. It will be a jail-break, it's the only way. I have asked for them to be released time and time again, but I am rejected. I'll get them out, but you can't come."

"Then I will go by myself. I am getting my parents back."

"Fine." Darren said.

"What?" Liam said.

"She can sword fight better then you and Jake put together. She's coming." Darren said. "Which reminds me Roan, I believe I owe you a lesson tonight."