Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Roan sat in the car still silently crying and watching houses and towns fly by.

"Stop crying Roan you will make yourself ill." Stella sighed.

"What are you going to do with me?" Roan asked drying her eyes. "I know what you are and I know what you are capable of. Technically you are my enemy."

"Well Roan that is the thing. I may be in charge of a Hunters Team, but you are family. I wont kill you, however you will have to do something for me." Stella said, keeping her eyes on the road.

"Which is?" Roan asked.

"You will join the Hunters and become our secret weapon against the Four, or Three in this case."

"WHAT!" Roan turned and looked straight at her Aunt. "That is insane! I'm not working as a hunter!"

"Too bad Roan, it's either that or die. When you pass your test you will be getting a mission that I will risk no hunter for. This is important and it can stop Breathing Spirits taking over the world. I know you want peace Roan, because I know it's what your parents fought for. I will talk you through it closer to the time. Right now just stay quiet and relax. You have gone through an awful lot today."

Roan did as she was told and sat in bewilderment. Her Aunt expected her to fight against her own species! That was the stupidest thing she had ever heard! She would never hurt a fly! Not to mention this mission that had been planned. This was obviously where life was going to start going wrong for Roan.

Roan took out her phone and had two texts one from Robin and the other from Aimee asking if she wanted to do movie night with them at the weekend. Roan hadn't texted either of them to tell her she was no longer living in the village. She didn't know what to say either, so she didn't reply.

She had been in the car for about three hours when they arrived in front of some big, black gates. Her Aunt got out of the car and went over to a little silver box. Roan took this time to look at her surroundings. There was pretty much nothing around. About a mile back she had seen the last house and she was smack bang in the middle of no where.

Stella said something into the silver box and the gates swung open. She quickly got back into the car and drove through the gates. As soon as she was through, they began to shut. They drove up a long dusty track which was lined with trees down the side. At the end a massive building stood in front of them.

"This is the Hunters Den Roan and your new home." Stella got out of the car and went round to the boot. Roan also got out and grabbed her stuff. They went to the front doors of the building and they were opened by a fair haired boy with big brown eyes and a winning smile. Her cousin Drew. Roan smiled and flung her arms round his neck. He hugged her back. They hadn't seen each other for few years now and he only had seen her when he did because he stayed over for a while, out of choice, to learn more about Breathing Spirits. Not to mention his mum was getting on his nerves about responsibility. He and Roan had got on like a house of fire and still kept in touch.

"Let me help with the bags." He took them off her and carried them inside. She went down a big corridor and her took her up the stairs in the hall way. Upstairs she passed a lot of people in green tops and black or camouflage combat trousers. They went up another flight of stairs and Drew pushed open a door at the top.

"This is our part of the building." He said. Inside was a living room and kitchen, with a big desk with three computer screens on. A lot of files and documents were spilled everywhere and there were four doors at the other end of the room.

"This is your room." Stella said opening one of the four doors and letting her go inside.

"No one is allowed to come up here, unless they need something or have permission." Drew explained. Roan nodded and sat on the ready made bed. The sun was setting through her window and Roan looked out at it.